Video Media Technician (On-Call)Job ID R42892 Date posted 02/20/2020
The Video/Media Technician will be responsible for the build out of a proper video monitoring station to provide images of each scene to the production team. The person will also be essential to the media downloading process to ensure that all media is safely recorded and transferred to an external hard-drive unit for storage and ingesting.
Job Description Details
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however, you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the Life
Responsible for downloading and transferring all footage to be stored on external hard drives. Ensure that all the required images and sound are captured, recorded, and safely downloaded before reformatting original media. Create multiple viewing stations (video village, producer’s station, director’s station) for viewing playback and scenes of action on set.
- Ability to assist with Camera Slate and Script notes for each scene
- Ensure that all the required images and sound are captured, recorded, and safely downloaded before reformatting original media.
- Understanding professional industry standard external recording devices as well as internal camera recording
- Responsible for checking the compatibility of all video equipment which includes camera, lenses, tripod, recording devices, media, hand cart, batteries, cables and monitors for each remote production
- Carefully pack and store equipment for loading out all video gear for remote productions
- Responsible for the return of all video gear leaving campus for a remote production
- Certification or Degree in Film Productions or a minimum of 2 years of field or TV Production experience
- Strong knowledge of video, video playback equipment, and video and audio cables
- Strong ability to understand multimedia platforms and software for downloading media
- Basic understanding of film cameras, lighting and film stock
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Lift, pull, push items over 50 lbs
Nice to Haves
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Ability to stay alert and concentrate for long periods
- Takes initiative to troubleshoot issues and stay on task
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.