Video Editor ( On Call / Part-time )Job ID R36677 Date posted 05/14/2019
The HSN On-Call Editor is part of a post production team that services all multi-media
platforms within the company. The post production team has a sense of pride in the
work being created, a shared sense of purpose, and a reputation for delivering the
highest quality creative. We work in a collaborative and creative work environment and
are responsible for telling a story through the editing process as well as supporting
Job Description Details
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
A Day in the Life
- Edit and composite compelling promo spots, interstitials and on-air elements for broadcast. This includes offline editing, as well as online finishing
- Able to manipulate and handle graphics
- Solid knowledge and ability to execute the latest industry standard techniques broadcast, social media, mobile, and web platforms.
- Able to be a creative thinker with minimal direction and/or close supervision
- Have an understanding of broadcast standards and editing with network storage assets.
- Consult with producing team/clients to discuss specific project elements as they relate to post production.
- Edit utilizing Adobe Premier with Creative Cloud suite.
- Evaluate and select scenes for dramatic and entertainment quality and continuity
- Demonstrates clear expertise and in-depth working knowledge of all areas of the job function
- May consult with senior editor/ producers & clients on pre-production basis to discuss specific project elements as they relate to post production
- Strive to meet corporate goals of quality and esthetics, while maintaining the HSN brand
** To be considered, you must provide a link to, or attachment, to your demo reel (preferably a single continuous clip) demonstrating your experience in creative storytelling via video editing.**
- 3 years of industry experience
- Must demonstrate and possess understanding of storytelling, design and editorial processes, as well as the ability to integrate them all with high production values.
- Refined artistic judgment and methodology
- Must have clear understanding of our target audience and create effective content for this demographic without creative sacrifice
- Strong understanding and ability to operate non-linear editing systems
- Knowledge and understanding of editing, color-correction, audio, text & graphic elements.
- Capable of working with different file codecs and systems
“Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelors degree in TV/Film or related field
- 5 years of industry experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project and team communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.