Temporary Merchandise Trainee - BeautyJob ID R42689 Date posted 01/28/2020
HSN’s Merchandising teams are responsible for developing our unique product assortment. Our buying teams partner with world class designers and industry experts to develop HSN exclusive products and build their brands. The teams create product and brands to inspire, entertain and engage our customers through assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation and promotion.
This unique Merchandise Trainee will support our Beauty Hair Care office and work Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00pm. Must be forward thinking with great attention to detail. Although this role will start off as a temporary position, there is potential for internal career growth based on strong performance and business needs.
Job Description Details
Under general supervision, the Temp Merchandise Trainee supports the divisional merchandising strategy and helps maximize effectiveness by providing support and assistance to their buying team.
- Enter purchase order information (pricing/delivery terms) and creating of HSN item numbers using established systems.
- Track vendor shipments of samples and inventory to ensure timely delivery.
- Administrative support to the buying team including scheduling vendor appointments, preparation of adhoc reports, maintenance of vendor files and routine correspondence.
- Assisting new team members in acclimating to the HSN buying process.
- BS/BA degree, preferably in merchandising and/or marketing.
- Intermediate level knowledge of MS Office.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments at the same time.
- Must be available 40 hours per week Monday through Friday with a preferred schedule of 8:00-5:00 or 8:30-5:30pm.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (i.e. Merchandising) and have completed a Merchandising Internship.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Experience working for a major retailer.
- Experience working in complex environments.
- Experience working in a global buying environment, building both digital and non-digital assortments.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.