Studio AssistantJob ID R42657 Date posted 01/28/2020
The Studio Assistant is responsible for supporting a continual and consistent workflow reacting to front-end and in-process product flow needs to enhance the production of product and creative photography. Studio Assistant will assist in product samples unpacking, prep-work, re-packaging, product assembly, painting sets, steaming product and maintaining an organized workspace.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
- Box/ un-box/ prep and assemble product (hard goods, clothing bedding, etc.) as needed, including ironing, steaming, polishing, etc.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Manages inventory and consigns products (Her and Home Hub items) according to show needs
- Completes assigned requisitions – receiving & returns
- Anticipate the needs of the studio team to proactively ready product and props
- Partners with studio team to implement process and production improvements resulting in enhanced productivity
- Learns and understands the HSN Brand Standards and Guidelines
- Must understand how to create a total look (environment, model, etc.) while maintaining focus on the product being sold
- Assist in prop and accessories selection from HSN Brands and prepare them for shoots
- Assist in the styling and coordinating of outfits for photo shoots (both PD and Creative)
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
- 1 years of fashion retail or visual retail experience
- Experience in runway coordination, visual merchandising or fashion styling
- Flexible, organized, efficient, adaptable and detail oriented
- Have a sense of fashion style and an ability to develop “looks” compatible with the HSN shopper
- Basic wardrobe and styling skills
- Must have the ability to adapt creative styling to fit HSN business needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Power Point, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Must be able to comprehend, read, and understand instructions both written and oral
- Advanced understanding and working field knowledge
- Detail oriented person with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Works either individually or as part of a team.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.