Sr. Software Quality AnalystJob ID R37699 Date posted 07/03/2019
Job Description Details
Advanced technology professional participating in technical design, development and implementation of new and existing testing frameworks across multiple teams to support a particular domain
A Day in the Life
- Design and build test automation components according to documented standards and established frameworks
- Identify and set up test environment configuration necessary to support test execution
- Establish and implement approach for managing test data
- Extend verification points to ensure function point failures are not repeated
- Extend test automation frameworks in support of varying test strategies
- Perform execution of automated and manual test cases and report on results
- Maintain test automation assets/library
- Automate manual test cases
- Verify automation defects through analysis to confirm application failure or maintenance required on automation assets
- Report clear concise defects discovered through test automation and escalate where appropriate
- Provide input to overall test strategy/plan
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 6 + years of experience in application software environments and software testing in multiple environments including test planning, control, execution, and quality assessment
- Strong working knowledge of the relevant programming languages, tools, and technologies for the area supported.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve most problems on the existing systems supported.
- Understanding of key technical architectural components and how they should be factored into decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to lead team in building automated tests and building release and deployment pipelines across applications delivered
- Contributes to the development of plans, provides estimates, identifies key milestones, and raises critical issues such as technical constraints or resource needs and proposes alternative solutions.
- Contributes to the SDLC and is actively fostering adherence to it.
- Assists in the analysis of vendor proposals and the evaluation of build versus buy considerations.
- Typically responsible for completion of artifacts or components of a larger initiative.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Postman API Development
- Selenium and Appium automation tools
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.