Sr Software Engineer - Digital Marketing
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
We are looking for a highly talented Software Engineer to join our growing Applications Development IT Marketing Team that spans both HSN and QVC markets. This position will be a highly visible member of the Customer Acquisition and Retention (CAR) value stream development team. This team focuses on the design, development, unit testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application development solutions in context of email/sms/push marketing, Facebook Integration, Search Engine Optimization, Community/Campaign Management, Data Feeds, Enhanced Customer Recognition and Deep Linking. Candidates must have demonstrated excellent oral/written communication skills, technical leadership, and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, product owners, team members, and internal management. The candidate must have demonstrated an ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills to meet schedules.
Job Description Details
• Design, Develop intermediate and large projects.
• Formulate/defines technical specifications via UML, functional flows and other visualizations.
• Develop or modify custom applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements
• Provide technical leadership by mentoring junior and mid-level team members via coding best practices, code reviews, unit testing, and integrated code modules.
• Partner with DevOps team to establish a continuous integration / continuous deployment approach on both on-premise and cloud deployments.
• Function within a SCRUM or KANBAN team and participate in planning, analysis, design, development, testing, production rollout, bug fixes, and enhancements.
• Support the QA group in developing automated test plans, test scripts and preparing for production releases.
• Provide post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer.
• Support and troubleshoot complex production problems.
• 5+ years of Software Development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical experience.
• Very strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)]
• Strong understanding of software architectures (micro-services and cloud native applications are desirable)
• Strong knowledge of Spring Framework, especially following technologies:
o Spring Boot
o Spring Data
o Spring Security
• Experience with building RESTful APIs and web applications using Java
• Strong knowledge of RDBMS and data access technologies and understanding of NoSQL DBs
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment especially pipeline creation/management, continuous testing, automation of deployment (using toolsets such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Sonar, Fortify, Junit, etc)
• Experience with containers (Docker)
• Strong experience with Jira / GIT / BitBucket / Stash / etc. related tooling for modern software engineering
• Experience in Microsoft-centric web development skills ( IIS , ASP.NET MVC , C# , Web API ).
• In-depth knowledge of Internet protocols and applications.
Beneficial if candidate possesses the following:
• Agile SCRUM and test-driven development experience.
• 24/7 E-Commerce experience.
• Strong Knowledge of Java & Spring Framework
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years development experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
All qualified candidates must possess the following core qualifications:
• A growth mindset and willingness to learning new approaches and technologies.
• A commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible custom applications
• Ability to work in a fast paced/dynamic team environment and time management skills to meet critical deadlines.
• Strong problem solving and documentation skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and management.
• Dedication to a collaborative working style.
• Self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities.
• Willingness to participate in occasional after-hour and on-call support.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location