Sr Scenic Stylist (Interior Design, Set Styling)Job ID R43322 Date posted 02/21/2020
Are you a creative individual? Do you have interior design, prop styling or set dressing experience? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Sr Scenic Stylist! In this role, you will work with other creative stylist in the planning and execution of the daily scenic styling needs for the HSN live broadcast.
Job Description Details
The Senior Scenic Stylist is responsible for the execution of HSN’s on-air set styling and show specific product and vendor prop requirements. This individual assures that on-air scenic styling is in accordance with HSN’s high creative, production and safety standards and has the authority to correct inappropriate on-air scenic styling or product displays. In this role, you will make high level creative and business decisions related to styling and operational matters affecting your projects.
Day in the Life
- Ensure that all sets are properly styled to support product sells, branding and proper HSN image. This includes requisition of appropriate props and/or styling needs for particular shows and initiatives.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of creative problem solving to support the decorative needs of the On-Air broadcast sets for the live show.
- Develop overall set style of particular shows and provide design inspiration, ideas presentation during the pre- production process.
- Plans, strategizes and develops the look of static programming and events.
- Continually explores new ways of styling sets that present the product in the best possible way to help maximize sales.
- Partner with the Scenic Design team to develop direction, choosing the appropriate props, furniture and styling needs for specific projects.
- Partner with the TV Production team to determine the best sell positions and product placement on set.
- Partner with the Props team and other related broadcasting and cross platform teams.
- Design and create “shoot through” and “bump shot” displays for specific shows.
- Assist in developing camera blocking to maximize on air look.
- Assist in developing scenic style guides, show and product blue print to support set styling plans.
- Handle sourcing and purchasing, maintaining, tracking, organizing and storing all accessories and props for each project/production. This could also include working with the Merchandising Team to obtain samples needed to dress set and returning them when complete.
- Create design presentations and mood boards for shows, themes, color, furniture selection etc. for upcoming projects (typically 1 month out) and present for approval. Must work through any revisions in approval process.
- Work within the TV Creative operating expense budget for each project: sourcing estimates, tracking receipts and submitting completed budget information/invoices at the end of each project.
- Research current trends in materials, fashion, home, interior design etc. for design inspiration.
**In order to be considered you must include a link to, or attachment of, your portfolio **
- 5 years of experience in Interior Design, Television Design Styling, Decorating, Film, Retail Design, Home Staging and/or Content Production Styling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Set Design, Fine Arts, Visual Art, Film, Theater or related field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Able to adapt styling skills to fit HSN objectives and maintain consistency of the theme/tone throughout an event or project.
- Working knowledge of scenic construction, scene painting and set decorating.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Flexibility to work various shifts when needed.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry up to 35lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for long period.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Environment Design and/or Architectural Design is desirable.
- Able to react quickly to critical situations that occur in a live broadcast and production environment.
- Able to multi-task projects with specific deadlines.
- Able to maintain a good working relationship with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Works either individually or as part of a team.
- Able to incorporate knowledge of sell needs, brand needs and camera requirements when dressing a set or an event/shoot.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.