Sr Engineer - Cyber Security (US)
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
We're a select group of like-minded businesses that provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling. We combine the best of retail, media and social to curate experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. We bring joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. We also curate large audiences, across our many platforms, for our thousands of brand vendors.
Job Description Details
Independent contributor IT professional providing expertise to assure the effective performance of one or more key components (e.g., switches, desktop, server, firewall, application) of the organization’s technical infrastructure for large to enterprise environments. Seen by IT colleagues as a technical resource in their area of expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds new components of the infrastructure within their domain (e.g., networking, storage, databases, security) and verifies integration with other domains to meet requested needs or needs they may have identified, and in consideration of the current and future Global Enterprise architecture. Adds new components to a roadmap, documents them effectively, and directs the testing and implementation of changes. Identify opportunities and present recommendations to management with an objective to improve performance in their area(s) of technology, reduce ongoing expenses, develops and implements action plans needed to effect the change. These changes are to mission critical 365x 23 core system that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line and the company’s perception by the customer.
- Receives performance data and analyzes the performance of installed technologies based on business projections to address ongoing and special events that are often planned with minimal lead times . Proposes and implements any required changes, including identifying and planning for any resulting impacts on other technologies.
- Provides system and associated business metrics along with technical leadership to project teams in their area of expertise and/or leads teams to complete projects specific to their area(s) of expertise.
- Provides guidance and technical coaching to less experienced staff, and experts in other domains.
- Provides 3rd level support and troubleshooting for issues escalated from more junior engineers on installed technical solutions.
- Lead or participate in SWAT teams involving mission critical applications that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line and customer perception of the company. Some from a global perspective.
- Contributes to disaster recovery and contingency plans related to their area(s) of the infrastructure, where applicable. Provides processes and procedures for recovery, verifies these and trains personnel or vendor in their execution.
- Leads technical design and execution for large to global enterprise sized application or infrastructure projects that have major impact on the IT infrastructure and business process including those that involve multiple inter-related technologies, multiple vendors, leading edge technologies, great operational or implementation risks, complex business functionality and broad implications for the organization and the IT infrastructure. The planning and execution of these systems can have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line both now and in the future.
- Leads the development and analysis of RFPs and RFIs related to their domain. Works with vendors, QVC procurement and legal to ensure success.
- For large to enterprise sized application or infrastructure projects, interfaces with business analysts, project managers, application developers and business clients to clarify requirements, and provide insights into the relationships between business metrics and the system resources, including making technology decisions.
- Interacts with major providers at the technical expert level to address mission critical issues, evaluates ongoing vendor service level and enforces SLAs and penalties, and interpret future vendor’s technical directions on current and future system’s plans .
- Reviews capacity, usage, and performance of assigned technologies for core and global enterprise system based on business metrics.. Understands performance thresholds and analyzes and interprets data to determine issues. Makes recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical and global enterprise systems which have direct impacts to the company’s bottom line and customer perception.
- Leads the evaluation of new technologies relative to their domain(s).
- Provides guidance and support to other area especially data security, applications, change and release management.
- Leads and Manages off shore resources with project and support work for 24X365 Global applications and systems.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most technical problems, factoring in an understanding of the technical architecture. Identifies changes required to specifications/roadmaps for technical systems within their areas of expertise.
- Identifies the necessary actions required to improve performance in their area(s) of technology and leads the improvement initiatives.
- Anticipates implementation obstacles and suggest alternatives..
- May contribute to the analysis of cross-technology and cross-platform issues that impact he company’s bottom line or customer perceptions..This may include issues across global markets.
- Works on shared services across the enterprise and possibly global markets taking into consideration multiple projects requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Works effectively on a continuing basis with IT colleagues to understand and explain technical issues including processes, standards and procedures. Seen by IT colleagues as a technical resource in their area of expertise.
- May be required to work with Procurement and Legal as an interface with the vendor from cradle to grave on project related work.
- Produces documentation of new or proposed systems.
- Forms productive networks with IT colleagues, clients, the vendor community and peers in the industry.
- May serve as a participant in industry forums, bringing new technical information into the organization and disseminating it to appropriate IT colleagues.
- Customizes presentations to the audience.
- Leads technical design and execution for large to global enterprise sized application or infrastructure projects that have major impact on the IT infrastructure and business process including those that involve multiple inter-related technologies, multiple vendors, leading edge technologies, great operational or implementation risks, complex business functionality and broad implications for the organization and the IT infrastructure.
- Reviews vendor proposals and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Contributes to the project plan, coordinates vendors, builds and conducts tests, executes against the implementation plan and tracks project progress.
- Functions independently with limited work direction; work is reviewed periodically and on an exception basis.
- Analyzes client needs, and develops a unique solution or chooses an approach or procedure for addressing a work task applying multiple and varied options.
- Commits to deliverables.
Specific Job Knowledge
- Has expert knowledge of one or more key components of the infrastructure including its impact on other technologies and maintains technical expertise given changes in the technical environment.
- Maintains thorough understanding of current and future infrastructure architecture and how their components integrate into the entire infrastructure framework.
- Maintains an industry awareness of new developments in their area of expertise and .
- Provides technical coaching to other team members, assisting them as they resolve technical issues.
- Is aware of major business metrics that impact the major technical domain. Maintains an awareness of the future needs of the business, collaborating with IT and business colleagues, in order to understand potential impacts to their area(s).
- Understands how the organization is structured and how the current technology supports and affects the business. Has a basic understanding of the QVC business model especially in those area that are key contributors to resource usage and critical business functions.
- Possesses a good working knowledge of the different areas of the IT organization, where to refer typical requests and where to go for assistance.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the retail industry.
- Understands the impact to their role of regulations, laws and company policies, standards and procedures.
- Be a self-motivated individual who is highly accountable, with a keen eye for detail and a capacity to be constantly seeking new ways to improve current processes and procedures in order to improve the organizations security posture and risk awareness.
- You will be quick to identify client requirements and their impact on the security posture of the organization. Possess a good working knowledge of the different areas of the IT organization.
- As a member of the Global security team you will have experience within an IT organization focusing on Information Security Practices relating to Cybersecurity Infrastructure. Experience of supporting/administrating several Cybersecurity technologies such as SIEM, DLP, FIM is essential.
- Formal security related accreditation is desirable (e.g. CISSP, CISM, ISSAP, ISSMP etc.) Experience with common information security management frameworks such as ISO 2700x, ITIL, COBIT, NIST etc. and common compliance frameworks and regulations (SOX, PCI DSS, Data Protection laws) is also desirable
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and 4 or more years of experience, or equivalent education, training and experience.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location