Sr Cyber Security Engineer - Vulnerability
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
Job Description Details
As the Senior Engineer you will ensure there is a clear understanding of the Enterprise security posture at all levels. You will help protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Information assets with a focus on vulnerability management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and execution of a global vulnerability management program, through technical leadership of initiatives and projects which will further enhance the Enterprise security posture.
- Lead technical design and execution for large to global enterprise sized application or infrastructure projects that have major impact on the IT infrastructure and business process including those that involve multiple inter-related technologies, multiple vendors, leading edge technologies, great operational or implementation risks, complex business functionality and broad implications for the organization and the IT infrastructure.
- Identify and report on vulnerabilities relating to internal and external scans, static and dynamic code analysis, collaborate with owners and subject matter experts to set the priority and to ensure remediation.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities and determine associated impact, severity and potential compensating/mitigating controls. Assess and advise on risk.
- Lead the assessment and communication of vulnerabilities and their associated risk e.g. vulnerability alerts and critical security patches.
- Provide vulnerability management based expertise and guidance. Share best practice. Assist system owners and subject matter experts with root cause analysis and action plans to meet requirements.
- Be a self-motivated individual who is highly accountable, with a keen eye for detail and a capacity to be constantly seeking new ways to improve current processes and procedures in order to improve the organizations security posture and risk awareness.
- You will be quick to identify client requirements and their impact on the security posture of the organization. Possess a good working knowledge of the different areas of the IT organization.
- As a member of the Global security team you will have experience within an IT organization focusing on Information Security Practices relating to vulnerability management. Experience of conducting detailed network, application, operating system, and database vulnerability assessments using industry standard tools and methodologies such as WhiteHat, Nexpose, Qualys and Fortify is essential.
- Formal security related accreditation is desirable (e.g. CISSP, CISM, ISSAP, ISSMP etc.) Experience with common information security management frameworks such as ISO 2700x, ITIL, COBIT, NIST etc. and common compliance frameworks and regulations (SOX, PCI DSS, Data Protection laws) is also desirable
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location