Sr Broadcast IT EngineerJob ID R40866 Date posted 10/15/2019
Sr Broadcast IT Engineer supports the HSN broadcast IT systems. You will provide root cause analysis of escalated and complex incidents/problems. Manage and optimize system performance of broadcast IT infrastructure to ensure 24/7/365 availability. Work with Broadcast Engineering teams to determine requirements for new broadcast IT systems, and develop, design, and supervise installations. Provides end-user support with broadcast IT hardware and software.
Job Description Details
Supports and maintains general health of the broadcast IT infrastructure, including but not limited to: routers, switches, firewalls, servers, workstations, storage, databases, virtual systems, software, and vendor specific broadcast IT systems.
Day in the Life
- Makes recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical and global enterprise systems, which have direct impacts to the company’s bottom line and customer perception.
- Leads in the evaluation of new technologies and makes strategic recommendations; Partners with Procurement for best quotes and initiates projects to enhance and optimize systems where possible.
- Makes recommendations to optimize performance, ensure 24x7x365 availability, maximize scalability, and ensure n+1 redundancy of critical broadcast IT systems.
- Manage user accounts, application access, and security settings within the HSN Broadcast domains and trusted QNEXUS parent domain (Group Policies, etc.)
- Manage security settings and review daily security logs for the HSN US Broadcast IT infrastructure (Firewalls, ACLs, Proxy, VPN, Virus updates, etc.)
- Manage VMWare and Hyper-V environments.
- Coordinate with corporate technology teams.
- Manage operating systems and support application software on servers.
- Maintain logs of daily events and track all projects associated work in the relevant document formats.
- Maintain an inventory of passwords, as well as hardware and software licenses.
- Provide scheduled 2nd and 3rd level technical support for broadcast IT systems, including after-hours support when necessary.
- Support the US broadcast IT DMZ and on-premises CDN.
- Manage broadcast storage systems. Regularly reviews capacity, usage, and performance of broadcast IT systems. Understands performance thresholds, analyzes and interprets data to determine issues.
- Partners with corporate IT teams to troubleshoot cross-departmental IT issues when necessary.
- Provides support to live remote teams for broadcast IT related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study.
- 7 years of experience working in a corporate or broadcasting IT multi-tiered environment, installing, monitoring & troubleshooting computer servers and applications is required.
- Extensive network administration experience required.
- Experience in Windows Admin, Network Admin, DB Admin and server technologies required.
- Experience troubleshooting related systems and be competent in reacting quickly to critical situations that occur in live broadcast situations.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders and work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.).
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- IT certification highly preferred (CCNA/CCNP, Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
- Experience with ITIL concepts and processes preferred.
- SBE certification a plus
- Computer programming experience a plus (Visual Basic, Python, C++, Java, etc.)
- CAD and Visio design experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.