Social Media StrategistJob ID R40870 Date posted 10/18/2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic and cool-natured team member to support Organic Social Media initiatives. In this role you will be responsible for executing organic social media posts on platforms. You will also support the ideation of social media post that meet brand and business goals. The Social Media strategist supports the social media calendar including but not limited to briefing, scheduling and monitoring content on our platforms. Additional tasks include some lite social graphic design, pulling metrics results, content review & feedback, cross-functional communications, link building and optimizing our posts to increase our engagement performance on HSN’s social media platforms.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
- Executes posts and stories across HSN’s social platforms
- Identifies supplemental engagement post opportunities
- Engages with vendors, creative, digital and merchandisers on collecting information to execute social media posts.
- Helps maintain editorial calendar
- Manages product tagging with product feeds and tracked link generation
- Creates and maintains vendor tracking document to document vendor social participation
- Creates social toolkits for vendors and hosts and manages delivery
- Monitors vendor social activity to ensure plans are executed and real-time opportunities are maximized
- Coordinates, monitors and executes some Facebook Lives
- Executes most creative briefing and manages receipt and organization of assets
- Key tactical liaison with creative (provides asset specs, attends briefing meetings etc.)
- Serves as the key liaison between Social and Creative
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule, being available to make social posts and answer inquiries when collaborates need information, which will include weekends and evenings and some holidays.
- Education: BA/BS in merchandising, marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience: 1-3 years business experience in social media
- Knowledge of social media industry & trends across all major networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Strong analytical & organization skills
- Strong decision-making, time management & planning skills
- Demonstrable a high degree of maturity
- Superb written communication skills
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Believes in relationship-building and working as part of a team to achieve goals/results
- Organized, responsible and flexible
- Advanced knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and all other social media channels
- Superb copy writing skills
- Experience managing editorial calendars a plus
- Knowledge of the social media industry & trends, including influencer/blogger space strongly preferred
- Collaborative team-player
- Working knowledge of various computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Experience with social media scheduling platforms (Curalate, Hootsuite, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with photography & Photoshop strongly preferred
- Knowledge of social media scheduling platforms (Curalate, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, etc.)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.