Social Media ManagerJob ID R35478 Date posted 03/29/2019
We are looking for someone who is a social media native. We want someone who stays a step of ahead of social media trends, and relish adapting to and leveraging every algorithmic shift the platforms throw your way. Someone who is bold and to the point copywriting skills come naturally to you, and you have a proven eye for thumb-stopping, innovative content. You’re creative at your core, and you’re always looking for something different, something better in the land of social, and are eager to explore every new frontier. If you thrive in a creative, collaborative and results-oriented work environment then this job is for you!
Job Description Details
Reporting to HSN’s Senior Manager of Organic Social , the Social Media Manager is responsible for execution of social cross-platform projects on HSN’s corporate properties (TV & Social Media platforms), including, as well as social live streams, video series, vendor management and talent integrations Collaborate with team to proactively develop and deliver best-in-class digital contenThis role is critical to driving social media KPIs.
Day in the Life
- Oversee creation and execution of Social Media content calendar, including development of new ideas
- Manage talent integrations in partnership with Senior Manager of Organic Social- Lead needed updates to specific Social Media platform optimizations.
- Responsible for reporting on metrics
- Oversee creation and execution of our Home calendar including content, livestreams & integrations.
- Key liaison with live stream production team
- Key liaison with vendor partners in regard to partnerships
- Identify new functionality and live stream opportunities to leverage
- Serves as the key liaison with brand and digital teams on development of campaigns supporting their endeavors
- Manage integration of social content on to HSN.com and TV from a social strategy perspective, including new platform and functionality opportunities - Key liaison with .com and TV teams, Talent and merchandising team
- Manages l social vendor relationships (excluding contract negotiations) including onboarding, troubleshooting, touch bases and updates
- Identifies new integration technology opportunities with existing and potential tools
- Experience working across an organization on projects and meeting or exceeding results
- Experience managing a team and growing them to their full potential
- Believes in relationship-building and working as part of a team to achieve goals/results
- Organized, responsible and flexible
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and all other social media channels
- Superb written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative team-player
- Minimum of 6 years in Social Media experience in a professioal environment.
- 6-8 years of Digital content marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business
- Deep understanding of and passion for ever-evolving social media landscape (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest YouTube)
- Strong understanding of social analytics and listening platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics, setting up campaigns and analyzing performance.
- Quick learner, logical thinker and team player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment, adapting to continually changing priorities and ambitious project timeframes
- Strategic thinking: Critical thinking, strategic agility, business acumen, outcomes focus
- Influencing skills: Active listening, interpersonal influence, negotiation
- Project and agency management
- Core communications skills: Channel management, writing, engaging content creation, speaking and presentation
- Proven ability to lead and manage agencies and creative resources
- Ability to create a strategy, execute a plan and measure results
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Social Media agency and/or retail experience a plus.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.