Senior Video Engineer - Digital and Media
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
- Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects and may serve as a technical lead.
- Analyzes business requirements for system infrastructure.
- Implements hardware and systems software upgrades to existing servers.
- Solves inoperability issues and acts as a Go-to person for media related system infrastructure.
- Works with client team in testing and implementing systems and releases.
- Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher management levels; participate in presentations to senior leadership.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of infrastructure support and process documentation
- Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring of DAM\MAM, web services transcoding and live streaming.
- Deploys, integrates, installs, and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
- Works directly with all areas of IT and provides technical direction to more junior level engineers on the Digital Platforms team.
- Works closely with customers to determine their strategic business requirements and measures system performance against expectations.
- Supports production systems, as required, through performance optimization, problem resolution, and timely issue communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field or equivalent years of related technical experience.
- Experience administering server operating systems (Windows or Linux) and web-based applications.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Experience effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
- Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
- Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented.
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Highly proficient in scripting and automation with an emphasis on integration.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
o Managing large-scale video transcode platforms (cloud or on-prem).
o Managed enterprise-level Digital Asset Management platform (ex. Adobe, Northplains, OpenText)
o Experience with live and static video delivery over the Internet in various industry standard formats.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with various storage methodologies.
- Experience with various monitoring tools, from basic system availability to video analysis.
- Working knowledge of content delivery networks.
- Familiar with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies, such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Xebia and TeamCity
- Familiar with Visio.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of the television production processes, broadcast operations, and technical production requirements.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location