Senior People and Organizational PartnerJob ID 0818867 Date posted 09/06/2018
- In collaboration with People (HR) Center of Excellence's and People & Org (HR) Business Partner and Manager, represent a holistic, integrated People function to the local market/function/business unit/site.
- Acts as the business’s point-of-contact for the People (HR) function, escalating to People & Org Business Partner and Manager, relevant COEs as necessary.
- Seek to understand local business area perspectives, to then provide local insights and perspectives to People & Org Business Partner and Manager and/or COEs, to ensure local matters are appropriately addressed and considered.
- Provide initial diagnostic level advice and guidance to business leaders, engaging COEs as necessary.
- Provide coaching and guidance to Managers, and to support in the effective prioritization and delivery of an engaging team member experience.
- Utilize relevant information / COE metrics / indicators, to gain insight on local business area people issues, in order to provide leadership teams with the appropriate clarity for People related initiatives and priorities.
- Where appropriate, attend and drive content for local market/site/business unit functional team member forums/team member representation bodies, providing timely response to People related queries and engaging with COEs as necessary.
- Where applicable, to participate and collaborate in functional team member Business Improvement Groups/Action Planning Groups as necessary, to bring People expertise to conversations, and to understand issues for escalation to COEs.
- Provide a local point of contact to delivery People solutions, supporting the COEs as necessary on the localization and execution of key People deliverables:
- Culture & Organizational Development: facilitates Performance & Development Review, Talent Review & Succession Planning, and functional career progression processes (as applicable). Org design needs identification and delivery. Career frameworks functional design and delivery. Intake for team dynamics needs. Act as a key ambassador and champion of the team member survey and outputs for function/business unit/market. In partnership with business managers, (and COEs as necessary), oversee demonstrable and measurable interventions to increase/maintain team member engagement scores. Oversee the delivery of team member survey and outputs - locally appropriate communications, rollout plans, and follow-up activities for team member-centric initiatives and solutions.
- Compensation & Benefits: may facilitate merit increase and bonus process; supports internal compensation offers outside of guidelines.
- Advocate for the team member lifecycle through support of and/or execution of pre-boarding activities for exempt team members (onboarding plans, logistics, etc.), retention activities (talent risk management through team member & manager discussions and analysis), off-boarding activities, local Health and Wellbeing initiatives and activities.
- Team Member Relations: Use exposure to the business and People experience to provide initial response to potential issues, then escalating to the Team Member Relations team once an issue has been identified.
- Talent Planning & Acquisition (TP&A): support business managers with internal team movement/placement processes by providing insights on team member capabilities and career paths; understanding impact of openings on team and strategizing options with TP&A COE and business manager to mitigate; support, as necessary, execution of large scale hiring efforts. May partner with TP&A to provide guidance to the Business on strategic planning for recruiting/hiring needs and oversight of temporary seasonal recruiting support.
- Participates in appropriate Communities of Practice in support of overall business
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, ideally in areas of Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness or other related experience is required.
- Previous years of professional generalist experience as an HR Advisor / Partner operating at a level of guiding / influencing leaders up to and including Director level
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced training/degree in a related field desired
- An understanding of a breadth of People disciplines.
- Ability to leverage People data to inform deliverables
- Business acumen – able to build and develop broad, yet detailed, understanding in relation to functional groups.
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Creates and leverages internal and external networks
- Self-motivated with action and results delivery orientation; demonstrated initiative and accountability by willingness to assume additional duties other than assigned
- Written/verbal communications, able to communicate with all levels of business
- Change management delivery
- Able to inspire others, including within own team
- Ability to work independently and with others to identify issues and develop solutions
- Ability to consult, facilitate and interact across function/market areas and with all organizational levels. Thought and influence leadership and trusted advisor on People issues
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- 5+ years of experience, ideally in areas of Human Resources and Organization Effectiveness or other related experience is required.
- Masters Degree degree or advanced training/degree in a related field