Senior Network Engineer
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
- Work with vendors to prepare BOMs; create design/Visio documents.
- Assist with reviewing the current environment, detecting critical deficiencies, and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Participate in the design of complex LAN/WAN and Data Center infrastructure / Cloud utilizing the industry's best practice and systems integration of several platforms including Windows and Open systems.
- Perform physical installation, configuration, and implementation of network hardware.
- Gauge network health, manage the Cisco routers/switches and other network components; manage Internet, Intranet, and third party connections, and use diagnostics and monitoring tools for matrix reporting.
- Contribute to network operations practices, standards, measurements, and reporting requirements.
- Actively provide architecture and implementation of current networking technology solutions within a multi-campus environment.
- Secure the data infrastructure from potential external and internal threats.
- Advise on security measures to protect the data, reliability, and integrity of the infrastructure.
- Maintain compliance levels with SOX, PCI, and governing authorities.
- Participate in 24x7, on-call rotation with other team members.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related field.
- Expertise and experience in building, monitoring, and troubleshooting a Cisco centric environment. Strong knowledge of Cisco Nexus series of switches.
- Expertise and experience in routing and switching, network protocols (i.e. spanning-tree, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, LACP, vPC), and Data Center Network Architecture concepts.
- Strong knowledge and experience in WAN Technologies (i.e. SD-WAN, MPLS, E-Line, Metro Ethernet, WAN Optimization).
- Experience implementing QoS and having knowledge of VOIP concepts.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting network issues, running and analyzing packet captures.
- Experience with Load Balancers.
- Experience with Network Firewalls (i.e. ASA, Check Point).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven and self-motivated. Accustomed to being the go-to person.
- Viptela/Cisco SD-WAN experience.
- Cloud experience a plus.
- F5 LTM and GTM.
- Check Point Firewalls, Cisco VPN.
- Riverbed SteelHead and SteelCentral.
- InfoBlox DNS.
- Scripting capabilities in one or more of the following - Python, TCL, Perl, or Shell.
- Cisco Certifications (i.e. CCNP, CCIE) a plus but not required.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location