Senior Employee Relations PartnerJob ID 0819335 Date posted 01/15/2019
Reporting to the regional Team Member Relations Lead (Market or Region), the purpose of the Sr Team member Relations Partner is to provide a dedicated, high quality, professional and expert Team Member Relations service to all managers and team members in the relevant market.
This role is responsible for the execution and ownership of site team member relations processes and practices, providing expert consultation and guidance to managers and team members, working to deliver and ensure appropriate responses to any related employment issues that arise, whilst also working to proactively support and maintain a positive employment climate. This role will lead on specific complex or sensitive cases, and formal processes for manager or above levels.
As directed by the Team Member Relations Lead, this role will provide guidance and mentoring to the Team Member Relations Partners in market, the Sr Team Member Relations Partner will also provide site/market level oversight on team member relations activity to the market People function teams/ Team Member Relations Lead, identify trends and recommend appropriate solutions.
The Sr Team Member Relations Partner will also be responsible for ensuring legislative and relevant Qurate Group Policy compliance in the execution of business activity and Qurate Group culture, and ensuring that applicable Qurate Group policies are up to date, compliant, maintained and appropriate for the achievement of business needs. There will be no direct financial management responsibility, although has indirectly impacts costs incurred through poor team member relations management and no people management responsibility.
Day in the Life
- Provide specialist and expert advice, guidance and counsel to managers, supervisors and People function colleagues on all team member relations issues, policy interpretation and questions. To include such issues as conduct, capability (performance and sickness), re-organization, termination of employment, team member complaints and compliance issues.
- Working in collaboration with other People function COEs, managers and team members, provide relevant Team Member Relations expertise in the execution of any initiatives or projects.
- Respond to team member issues and questions, providing feedback to managers to ensure appropriate action is taken where necessary.
- Working with Team Member Relations peers, work to ensure consistency of advice and guidance provided, both in market, and globally, where appropriate.
- Ensure that any team member relations issues are dealt with in the highest level of confidentiality, professionalism and sensitivity.
- Champion and promote a positive team member relations climate, providing appropriate counsel and support to ensure that any Team Member Relations processes are delivered to maximize the team member experience.
- Where appropriate, engage with appropriate internal or external consultants and advisors, to gain specific legal or best practice advice on specific cases, policy revision, cross market issues, etc, to ensure best advice is provided.
- Through the provision of advice and guidance and in partnership with People function COEs, ensure the consistent application of relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- In partnership with relevant and appropriate managers, support investigative processes on the most sensitive and complex team member relations situations and complaints, ensuring action is being taken to address these issues (feedback to managers and other stakeholders as appropriate).
- Provide People function representation for managers and team members in any formal processes for manager and above roles (disciplinary, performance, sickness absence etc), ensuring decisions are consistent with best practice, legislation, QVC culture and policy.
- Provide templates, coaching and guidance, and advice to managers in the completion of Team Member Relations processes, working to ensure robust and equitable outcomes.
- Support managers with the delivery of high quality, robust and consistent formal process outcomes, either verbally or in writing.
- Ensure any team member relations situations are closed with appropriate recommended action steps, and appropriate follow ups are actioned.
- Oversee and manage any employment termination processes, to ensure these are done in the most professional, efficient manner.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other Team Member Relations team members in market, to ensure consistency of Team Member Relations delivery.
- Conduct investigations in line with applicable practices, and in support of Compliance team directives.
- Complete and maintain appropriate logs/trackers/systems, to ensure a full picture of team member relations activity – informal and formal processes, advice given, outcomes issued, inquiries, etc.
- Working with other People function COEs, ensure that any Team Member Relations related conversations held outside of Team Member Relations are also captured and recorded appropriately.
- Using relevant team member relations data, provide ad-hoc and routine reporting as directed by the Team Member Relations Lead to relevant parties, senior management, Compliance teams etc.
- Using appropriate data and reports, monitor Team Member Relations market/site climate and identify any patterns or trends in team member relations activity to propose solutions to address.
- Utilize a range of other data sources (QPerspectives survey results, Exit Interviews, team member social media postings, etc), to assess the site/market Team Member Relations climate, identify any opportunities for pro-active Team Member Relations intervention, and to make recommendations for making improvements.
- Using a range of available data, Identify actual and potential team member relations issues, and provide practical solutions to resolve in line with best practice, legislation, Qurate Group culture and policy.
- Participate in or lead projects as appropriate, in the proactive enhancement of Qurate Group’s team member relations climate, in response to issues, as part of broader People function or business priorities etc.
- Support development of effective team member relations management skill within the business through the development and delivery of appropriate training and education interventions, in partnership with relevant advisors. To include comms updates, drop in surgeries, training courses, Leader “How to” Q&As etc.
- Serves as trainer / facilitator on relevant policy and compliance issues (for example anti-discrimination / non-harassment training, “How to” sessions etc) as necessary in site/market.
- Provide training and expertise to other HR COE’s as necessary, on legislative or compliance matters that may affect the execution of their function.
- Ensures consistent and equitable application of organization policies and procedures
- Ongoing review and assessment of existing policies against local culture and changing market legislation and jurisdiction, providing recommendations for change in line with best practice to the Team Member Relations Lead.
- Partner with global Team Member Relations team to explore opportunities for standardization pf process, policy etc, where appropriate.
- Where applicable, under the guidance of the market People Lead/ People & Org Business Partner/ Team Member Relations Lead (market or region), manages relationship with site team member representation bodies at functional level (e.g. Works Council, Team member Forum), ensuring frameworks and processes around business engagement are established and followed appropriately.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and organization of engagement with appropriate site team member representative bodies (organizes meetings, ensures appropriate appointments to the body etc).
- Supports and facilitates the business in engaging with the body on appropriate information and consultation processes, Where applicable, contributes to the design of collective labor agreements and facilitates agreement processes (for example with the Workers Council).
- Team member Relations Investigator - Investigate workplace complaints of violation of policy or law for which failure to investigate might subject Qurate Group to serious legal and financial risk.
- Develop and apply knowledge of employment discrimination laws, whistle-blowing laws, rules of evidence, and other laws pertaining to investigation plans, investigations, reports, responses, and recommendations.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Master degree (economics or HR Management) (or equivalent qualification)
- 5+ years experience in an HR generalist role and
- 5+ years in a strong Team member Relations focused role
- Market specific: solid background and experience in working with relevant team member representation bodies
- Solid knowledge in country specific labor law
- Fluid in English (read and write)
- Desirable: Additional qualification as Business Coach or Mediator
- Solid decision making skills (effectively gather and analyze facts, weigh risks and make decisions/recommendations that are right for the business, the people and our culture)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to present and deliver training to team members.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Highly organized, and able to prioritize and plan time accordingly, in a fast paced, high pressured environment.
- Strong self- and project management skills (time and priorities, resources)
- Good analytical skills and affinity to metrics
- Highly collaborative
- Results driven
- Good business acumen
- Coaching, mediation and consulting skills
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.