Senior Content Project LeadJob ID R38861 Date posted 08/12/2019
Job Description Details
The Senior Project Lead is responsible for compiling, understanding and interpreting the Brand/Category/Campaign needs at the project level and providing long-term planning support HSN's priority initiatives, as assigned to them and their direct reports. This role will work strategically with the business owners and tactically with the production groups (Content and Creative) to facilitate the timely, aligned and brand appropriate implementation of project/campaign delivery. Act as an advocate for the category / campaign. This person must be informed, champion change and operate as a cohesive and trusted unit with the teams.
Day in the Life
- Create project overview (non-consumer facing language) with inputs from Business leads (Merch, Programming, etc); validates through business owner(s), then shares
- Analyze data and metrics to gain insight on opportunities
- Develops and communicates timelines for large projects; monitors key delivery dates on projects, elevates concerns and potential risks
- Assess initial requests for information, project parameters, priority, scheduling and creation of all deliverables against established deadlines
- Work with Traffic Coordinator to schedule and attend intake sessions for large projects to fully understand scope
- Limits false starts, incomplete information sharing, over- and under-cost/resource estimation
- Work to strategically align cross functional business partners including TV, Digital, Creative, Content, Digital and PR in order to maximize resources
- Timely and fair mitigation of resource planning/capacity issues as identified
- Escalates opportunities and challenges as needed, including resources
- Proactively tracks, prioritizes, organizes, and plans tasks
- Provides routine status updates at project and/or category level (and budgets)
- Conduct post mortems as applicable, applies learnings and other feedback into process
- Issue Resolution
- Act as a strong, team leader and manage several direct reports
- Identify efficiencies and partner with department managers to maximize budget spending and resources.
- Lead project and budget resource maximization through resource scheduling
- Research and identify opportunities to book/ schedule resources for the biggest return on the business through project bundling, includes scheduling full time, on call and freelance production team, talent, models, hair & make-up, and locations/studio space.
- Requires a BS/BA or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management
- Must have experience leading a team
- Flexible, organized, efficient, adaptable and detail oriented
- Must be even-tempered and able to interact well, under pressure, with multiple teams on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must be able to successfully prioritize and apply knowledge, experience, and learnings to real situations to help solve problems and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability under pressure
- Strong client service and leadership abilities
- Proven negotiation skills results focused with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Operates with highest level of integrity
- Ability to lead large meetings
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.