Senior Cloud Developer/Enterprise Datawarehouse
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
Plays an active role in the life cycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support of an enterprise data warehouse. Adds technical input during the planning, analysis and design phases of a complex Datastage/Informatica (ETL) project or sophisticated Business Objects report or dashboard. Responsible for the "how to" questions, creating prototypes/models and establishing new approaches to data acquisition and processing. Involved at the development level in flexible and complex new application development. Active in the validation stage in order to ensure top quality deliverables. Plays an integral role in cross-functional system integration. Mentors staff and is dedicated to a collaborative working style. Works collaboratively with merchandising, finance, call center and customer relationship marketing teams to find ways to add value to their analytical needs.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Participates or leads in the gathering and documenting of data and analytical requirements
- Provides time and effort estimates and leads projects of medium to large complexity
- Participates or leads code review sessions with developers
- Assesses situations and suggests systemic process improvements
- Ability to design, develop and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available and dynamic solutions on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Google technology stack.
- Writes Technical Designs, develops ETL Job Streams, Business Objects reports/dashboards and promotes code to test and production environments
- Documents development work and provides status on progress
- Maintains job scheduling changes and additions, when required
- Writes and Executes QA test plans
- Performs as the Go-To person on projects of a Medium to High complexity
- Leads and provides input during design review sessions
- Provides business and production support (participates in 24 X 7 duty pager rotation) as needed
- Participates in Project Review Meetings providing status on key project milestones and financial forecast updates
- Gives direction and coaches others on the team
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical work experience
- 6 or more years of ETL Development experience
- Advanced ETL development skills using Datastage and/or Informatica
- MPP Platforms – Teradata and/or Netezza experience
- Advanced PLSQL/SQLPlus knowledge
- Advanced Unix knowledge, including Unix shell scripting (Korn/Perl)
- Experience participating in and recommending Data Warehouse data modeling, design and architecture
- Advanced Business Objects universe support, report writing and Dashboard development preferred
- Experience with Google Cloud Deployment Manager, to automate the creation and management of Google Cloud
- Experience supporting and writing complex queries on the Google Big Query platform
- Container experience with Google Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration platform
- Hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- 3 or more years of experience with Python, Java and cloud technologies development languages and tools
- 1 or more years of project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (GCP)
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g and higher
- Experience with Git, TFS or equivalent version control tool
- Knowledge of collecting and organizing Internet behavior for analytical purposes
- Knowledge of supporting a CRM marketing data warehouse
- Knowledge of ControlM
- Knowledge of address Cleansing/Data Quality tools (i.e. Data Quality - ACE/NCOALink)
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Google Certified Professional a plus
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location