Senior Campaign Manager ( Unica / SQL / Journey Builder )Job ID R36220 Date posted 04/29/2019
Job Description Details
The Sr. Manager, Campaign Management’s core duties are to design, deliver and optimize effective customer segmentation strategies and data-driven direct marketing campaigns across all direct-response vehicles to attract, convert, welcome, engage and retain. This position is specifically responsible for developing campaigns in strong partnership and support with the strategic customer marketing leads, and to oversee the customer database, segmentation, execution and financial management of these cross-channel campaigns. This position will collaborate with colleagues within Customer Development team, Payments team, Performance Marketing team, eCommerce, IT, Analytics and other relevant teams to oversee and support campaigns that meet customer and revenue goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Vice President , Brand Strategy and Retention Marketing…the Sr. Manager, Campaign Management will help lead the group that ultimately owns the customer relationship through the customer file. The Sr. Manager Campaign Management will be one of the primary marketing leaders responsible for developing, communicating, and implementing customer-centric and omni-channel strategies that achieve company financial and growth goals for HSN .
This position will oversee the Campaign Management team who will help to manage and execute these strategies.
Day in the Life
- Develop campaign management strategies that are aligned with business objectives, support revenue generation, grow the file, meet timelines and do not abuse customer contact principles.
- Ensure coordination and clear communication with Customer Development team, Payments team, Performance Marketing Leads and work cross-functionally with Finance, IT, Analytics to plan / execute campaigns within designated budget.
- Direct the list pulling activities and be responsible for segmentation strategy, forecasting and cross-channel customer path optimization
- Continually monitor and analyze campaigns to maximize ROI, customer value, and make recommendations on changes needed.
- Manage the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual campaign management calendar to ensure appropriate management of resources, customer contact optimization strategies, and campaign portfolio objectives.
- Provide primary input into customer preference center to support file growth / health and additional segmentation opportunities
- Deliver lists to any third party in conjunction with campaign execution, primarily ESP (email service providers).
- Responsible for the development, enhancements and optimization of the campaign management system (UNICA ) by partnering with internal teams and selected best-in-class vendors.
- Communicate platform enhancement work clearly, articulating how they can positively impact both current and future sales plans
- Act as the advocate for the increased utilization of database marketing principals and platforms (i.e. adoption of a data-driven marketing culture)
- Help drive ‘air traffic control’ around channels of contact.
- Help apply CRM techniques and best practices to the newly developed channels that are now part of the customer contact landscape:
- Audience creation in Facebook and Google
- Facebook Messenger
- Push Messenger
- Works with the Analytics team to create customer segmentation models across hundreds of customer, behavioral and product based attributes in order to develop lists and audiences that will perform in the most efficient manner with the highest level of return.
- Leverages predictive analytics to inform strategies and drive positive impacts in support of the business.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends in marketing, customer experience management, technology, measurement, and analytics; evangelizes and drives insight into action across the enterprise.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the effectiveness of all campaigns, qualitatively and quantitatively, on areas such as: campaign requests; planned campaigns; actual versus goal target for each campaign type; customer response rates; quality of leads and/or prospect lists; effectiveness of campaigns by channel, progress against budget and/or business goals, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with testing team to test campaigns to ensure tactics are providing incremental benefits.
- Communicate learnings and partner with appropriate stakeholders to drive necessary process or program improvements (e.g., contact rules, testing, creative content, timing, etc.)
- Effectively manages direct report in supporting business and customer goals across channels (i.e., direct mail, email, web, mobile, social) effectively.
- Attend conferences and training opportunities as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master of Science degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ work experience in Marketing, CRM or Campaign Management functions with demonstrated success in people management; implementation of consumer-oriented strategies; understanding and application of analytics to drive business improvements
- SQL, Unix, and Cognus reporting experience strongly preferred
- Clear understanding and experience of online marketing, specifically within the disciplines of digital, email, mobile, and social media are preferred; demonstrated track record of planning and coordinating successful marketing activities through all direct B2C channels is required.
- Experience working with enterprise-wide Campaign Management tool(s) is required, preferably with Unica/SAS & UMO. Email campaign management tool experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication, and project planning skills are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization in support of enterprise-wide and customer-centric strategies in omni-channel environment is required.
- Other highly desired knowledge, experience, and skills include working in B2C environment; understanding of unique needs of digital, email, mobile and social customers; effective campaign management practices; understanding of customer acquisition and retention methods; A/B testing strategies, etc.
- Experience driving analytics requests, interpret and translate findings into tangible actions and recommendations
- Knowledge of segmentation/targeting and data structures & relationships, plus technical understanding of data generation, processing and integration with various platforms
- Demonstrated ability to sit between the business team, analytics and technical teams to translate business needs and to optimize the customer experience and marketing channels; identify and lead campaign testing initiatives; and build requirements for automating models and incorporating new programs and platforms into the customer contact portfolio
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including customer analysis/modeling for product use
- Ability to be a dedicated and passionate advocate of the value of database marketing and data-driven decision making throughout the HSN organization
- Ability to identify analytical requirements for understanding shortfalls/excesses to appropriate marketing plans, campaigns, programs, marketing expenses and initiatives
- Advanced understanding of database technologies and database structures
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.