Senior Buyer - CAPEX/MRO ProcurementJob ID 0819256 Date posted 12/17/2018
Business Unit Summary
The Senior Buyer will work under the guidance of the Manager – QRG Operations Procurement and be capable of preparing category strategies, conducting price negotiations with suppliers, utilizing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and other RFX tools for Capital Expenditure projects (CAPEX) and Maintenance Repair & Operations (MRO) categories across Qurate Retail Group (QVC, HSN, CBI and zulily). The Senior Buyer will review the current supply base for all responsible categories, and develop new supply sources where current vendors are not meeting expectations. The Senior Buyer will also be expected to make recommendations on consolidating the supply base while maintaining optimal leverage to ensure best in class agreements are executed. The position is responsible for monitoring all key indicators related to the CAPEX & MRO industry, reviewing spend and industry trends at all times to ensure appropriate category strategies are in place. The position will be expected to benchmark the sourcing approach and negotiated agreements to ensure consistency with Best in Class Procurement practices. The Senior Buyer must also communicate the benefits of value added services to his/her business partners in order to create a pull for Procurement support within their functions.
Periodic travel to other QVC, HSN, Cornerstone, or zuilily locations and after hours work may be required from time to time to meet critical timelines.
A Day in the Life
- Manage acquisition process (sourcing, developing, and negotiating) for all QRG locations ensuring competitive pricing, compliance with policies, limiting risk, and driving Total Procurement Value.
- Partner with Senior QRG Internal clients to help negotiate, renegotiate and administer contracts with external suppliers, ensuring all contracted obligations are being met within acceptable quality standards.
- Work with Manager – QRG Operations Procurement to review category spend to evaluate best RFP spend categories. Must also develop and manage a sourcing calendar for all spend categories managed.
- Research and evaluate current suppliers and develop new suppliers based on quality, service, support, reliability, total cost and value added capabilities, as well as the supplier’s reputation and history. Focus on standardization of suppliers across all QRG businesses where practical.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key business partners across QRG with the support of the Manager – QRG Operations Procurement
- Development and implementation of category management strategies and activities for all CAPEX & MRO categories.
- Track and monitor supplier markets for construction, raw materials, and MRO during the duration of contracts (including benchmarking against industry/market standards)
- Evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing actives, including internal and external analysis and negotiations.
- Execute Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) strategy to establish and maintain collaborative, long-term relationships with strategic suppliers for a particular category.
- Effectively communicate market dynamics to business unit leaders ensuring alignment of category strategy.
- Lead and promote change management as required to ensure success in sourcing activities.
- Understands approach required across a broad spectrum of Indirect Goods and Services.
- Possesses good understanding of underlying category markets
- Possesses thorough and strategic knowledge across the organization including knowledge of key strategies, the competitive environment, functional processes, and organizational dynamics.
- Drives key business strategies for QRG, partnering with key business leaders.
- Understands business trends and the direction technology must take to support the business.
- Able to anticipate business needs in order to develop effective technology strategies.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years in a Global Procurement role with a focus on Indirect Procurement
- Skilled negotiator
- Proficient with PC, including Office Suite.
- Experience with ERP system.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze and develop insights for high-volume/complex data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate complex contracts.
- Team first mentality. Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated success in adhering to challenging deadlines
- Activates internal and external networks to leverage geographic and functional synergies
- Exudes calmness and control in all situations
- Develops new insights into issues and examines them from different angles
- Ability to immerse themselves into an organization to learn it from the inside-out
- Ability to work with senior management to develop key strategies at local, regional, and global levels
- Initiates needed changes in direction
- Integrates purchasing strategy with other functional strategy in the business by ensuring that Procurement’s input is considered in the development of business unit and supply chain strategies.
- Influencing cross-functional partners with knowledge of the supply landscape to drive strategy
- Able to develop and drive holistic and multi-year strategies across industries and categories
- Influences long-term supplier technology and resource direction towards QRG’s needs
- Uses depth of knowledge to gain insights which produce competitive advantage
- Demonstrates the ability to create and manage complex relationships
- Creates alternate/back-up approaches for high risk issues
- Consistently achieves competitive advantage/beneficial outcome in complex negotiations
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Experience with any of the following systems preferred: Ariba, Oracle, SAP, Qlikview or Coupa.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience drafting contract documents
- Working knowledge of P2P systems.
- Direct experience with Construction Management and/or MRO
- Experience with large multi-million-dollar sourcing projects
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.