Retention Email Marketing Specialist ( Salesforce )Job ID R35872 Date posted 04/12/2019
Job Description Details
The Digital Marketing Specialist, Retention Marketing will be responsible for executing testing strategies and technology projects to further develop HSN’s Retention Marketing programs in support of key business priorities across email & mobile channels. He/She will build programs that best utilize digital marketing best practices to drive continuous improvement and efficiencies for customer growth and retention.
Reporting to the Retention Marketing Cross Channel Promotional Planning Manager, this Digital Marketing Specialist will manage through challenging business needs and requirements while keeping campaign production schedules on target. He/She will partner with internal and external partners to ideate, scope and execute projects that support customer file health and customer retention. He/She will optimize and enhance current processes supporting email and mobile channels and will also be to support email and mobile daily production as needed.
This role requires the ability to identify opportunities and solutions that continually optimize the email & mobile marketing programs with a high level of attention to detail, project management and QA.
Day in the Life
- Execute Retention Marketing campaigns to drive incremental revenue & engagement and support ongoing customer relationship at all lifecycle stages.
- Manage campaign requests/briefs for retention marketing campaigns using Unica-based tools (Unica Marketing Operations), Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Localytics.
- Execute email and app acquisition efforts across TV, Digital & External Performance Marketing channels in support of educating customers about the value proposition for opt ins of the HSN email program
- Collaborate with the email & mobile team and Salesforce Marketing Cloud team and Localytics (as needed) to make adjustments to email briefs and campaigns and update the email/mobile calendar accordingly
- Help identify new testing opportunities and leads testing cadence to drive conversion, customer retention and revenue growth across new cross-channel customer journeys. Tracks test performance and reports on results, partnering closely with Cross Channel Promotional Planning Manager
- Communicates testing and cadence plan to cross functional teams
- Provides campaign recaps across email and mobile
- Briefs and collaborates with the Creative & Content team with strategy context for each new campaign or campaign refresh
- Collaborates with Customer Insights & Analytics and Campaign Management teams for reporting and analytics, while making actionable recommendations for automated email and mobile program improvement
- Conduct QA for all emails and mobile marketing (as needed) to ensure all deadlines and process steps are executed on-time and without error
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to fully document and update all email & mobile program criteria and customer journeys
- Assist in reporting data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics and Localytics into HSN business tools for analysis as needed
- Develop summaries that include key performance indicators (open rate, click rate, order rate, revenue) and email/mobile marketing recommendations for specific email campaigns under the guidance of the Cross Channel Promotional Planning Manager & Retention Marketing Digital Specialist
- Provide support and input to Email/Mobile Leads with special projects as needed
- Establish and communicate HSN and industry email/mobile best practices to the internal teams to improve planning and operational efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Business Management, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, PR or other relevant field
- 1 year of digital marketing experience, preferably focusing on email and/or mobile
- Experience in marketing campaign analysis and providing insights & recommendations to internal partners for buy-in
- Exceptional QA and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication, project management, self-management and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve, providing alternate solutions to issues and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Aptitude to recommended solutions that improve processes and ability to communicate and execute recommended solutions
- Exercise solid decision making and independent judgment
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience, preferably focusing on email and/or mobile
- Experience in email and/or mobile marketing technologies, best practices and processes
- Basic knowledge of technical aspect of email and mobile marketing and ability to successfully project manage marketing campaigns across internal and external technical partners (IT team, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Localytics).
- Internet or Retail eCommerce experience
- Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or other best-in-class email provider
- Experience working with Localytics (or other best-in-class mobile provider)
- Experience with digital analytics, preferably Google Analytics
- Basic experience using Photoshop
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.