On Call Remote Production AssistantJob ID R41217 Date posted 11/01/2019
The position works on a remote production set in a support role, providing assistance to crews of various departments. Their tasks might include helping out with the construction and painting of sets, steaming and keeping wardrobes in order, lunch orders and pickup and performing general office duties. They can also be tasked with, driving off-site to collect or ship packages, and handing the responsibilities of script notes.
Job Description Details
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the life
- Assist with all aspects related to the remote production
- Transportation of equipment and props between campus and to offsite shoots
- Logs video - records script notes from time code or time of day source
- May be asked to run errands to pick up additional supplies for the production crew
- Able to drive box trucks up to 16ft with a manual or standard transmission
- Assist the Production Coordinator with the scheduling and distribution of contact (call sheets) sheets for all off line and remote productions
- Schedule rental gear for support of production shoots as well as scheduling delivery and pickup of production gear
- Organizing and schedule remote calendars for all request for Studio F (outdoor set) and Remote productions
- Assist with Production Coordinator and Equipment tech to schedule and track in-house production gear as well as production vehicles to support remote productions
- Degree in related field or 1 to 2 years in the Television Industry
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1+ year of working in a primary role as a production Coordinator, scheduling coordinator, video production and or post-production work flows
- Ability to navigate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated initiative and accountability
- Working knowledge of all relevant industry terminology as it relates to production gear and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to interface effectively with production staff, management, customers, vendors and various other internal and external parties
- Previous experience working with scheduling software, or any other database driven scheduling software is highly desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 50 pounds, kneeling, bending.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes.
Schedule Information: 25 hours per week / Follows the Production Calendar
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.