PSFGA CoordinatorJob ID R39584 Date posted 10/02/2019
Notify vendors of our intent to inspect selected Purchase Orders. Explain the PSFGA process to vendors and lay out the inspection plan which may vary depending on the type of order or the logistical situation.
• Select an Inspection Service Provider (ISP) based on manufacturing location and obtain cost/availability information as appropriate.
• Based on cost/availability information, notify inspection service provider of intent to conduct PSFGA or communicate with vendor decision to waive PSFGA requirement. .
• Send out inspection materials (PO details, QA evaluation report, inspection criteria and samples as needed) in a timely manner to ensure the PSFGA occurs during or before the ship window. This includes interaction with the vendor, buyer and/or QA technical staff to expedite the first piece process.
• Review inspection reports. Consult with PQS, SRM or Packaging Engineer when needed. Provide clear and concise communication regarding inspection results to all appropriate parties (vendors, ISP, factories, buyers, QA etc.).
• Escalate issues to Supervisor and/or QA Global Manager as needed
• Maintain multi-lot spread sheet with PSFGA results.
• Follow up with Vendors when factory information is not presented in a timely manner. Escalate to SRM and/or buyer if needed.
Job Description Details
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the execution of PSFGA inspections at vendor locations. This involves coordinating with the factories and inspection service providers to determine production and inspection schedules.
- Communicate with buyers, vendors, QA, supply chain and inspection providers. This includes explaining the process to the vendors, providing the inspectors with schedule changes and performance feedback and sending any necessary updates to various internal QVC departments.
- Analyze inspection reports and confer with appropriate personnel to determine PO disposition and how those decisions should be articulated. Work in the PSFGA application to process milestones and ensure none of the PSFGA work orders are delinquent. Take appropriate action when a PO is nearing the ship window and the inspection has not yet been confirmed.
- Perform cost analysis on inspection fees and re-order analysis to ascertain risk.
- Review inspection materials (criteria and 1st piece evaluation reports) then forward out to the inspection provider.
- Participate in discussions with key organizational partners including QA management and merchandising. Provide insight and perspective regarding the performance metrics that are produced by the department.
- Participate in regular one-on-one discussions with supervisor, and take initiative in driving agreed upon
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Familiarity with other cultures is essential. Knowledge of ASQ Z1.4, acceptance sampling plans and consumer/supplier risk factors relating to manufacturing and retailing.
Education: High school or GED
Experience: 2-5 years at QVC or similar retail operation involving interaction with vendor community
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.