Production TechnicianJob ID 0819213 Date posted 11/28/2018
HSN is looking for a TV Production Technician that is energetic, dependable and has a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced production environment. This role works in various crew positions during a live 24/7 network operation and has intermediate working knowledge in some video production techniques such as Audio, Graphics, Camera, Studio Floor Operation, and Assistant Director.
Day in the Life
- Work the live show in the technical role assigned
- Work offline projects in the technical role assigned
- Take direction from Live Show Directors and execute in order to achieve production goals
- Effective use of preproduction time to achieve high-quality production output.
- Set up and prepare studios and control rooms for live and taped productions
- Assist with camera blocking
- Assist with microphone and IFB checks
- Maintain the studio and control room by keeping the area clean and properly reporting equipment issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree in Television or Mass Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of live television or related experience
- Applied basic working knowledge of at least one video production technique, including:
- Audio – multi source (at least 5) management for live broadcast, adjust source levels for proper output, EQ microphones, maintain proper gain structure on inputs, adjust IFB settings, route/adjust feeds, intermediate knowledge of Calrec audio board settings/operations, follow direction provided by Live Show Director and monitor audio output.
- Graphics - ability to operate windows based software, type quickly and efficiently, cross references multiple systems, follow direction provided by Live Show Producer, proactively adjust graphic messaging based on talent presentation and follow sales strategy outlined by On Air Producer.
- Cameras - effectively run video levels, proper use of waveform and vector scope, maintain proper shot composition and shot focus, route sources, proactive anticipation of presentation camera needs, follow direction provided by Live Show Director and monitor video output.
- Studio Floor Operation- block cameras on studio floor, set up basic camera levels, white balance cameras, place microphone on talent, use of proper verbal and non-verbal cues, proper use of lighting board, applied basic knowledge of studio lighting, control flow of product and people on studio floor, prep multiple studios and follow direction provided by the Live Show Director.
- Assistant Director – utilize several video/still playback systems, manage support during the live broadcast, update internal show information for crew, route video/camera sources, proactively follow/adjust designated presentation order, ability to record/ingest support, intermediate systems knowledge of all equipment, follow direction from the Live Show Director and follow presentation changes from the On Air Producer.
- Working knowledge of other of other video production techniques.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to Lift, push and pull items over 20 lbs.
- Able to Stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work 40 hours work week with the ability to occasionally work overtime.
- Availability to work as needed, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Nice to Haves
- Ability to use Vinten Robotic cameras and ENG cameras; or similar equipment.
- Ability to use Calrec audio boards and DigiCart; or similar equipment.
- Ability to use Xclyps DDR playback system, HyperX graphics, OTAV video playback system, XD decks, and LEX still store systems; or similar equipment.
- Dependable self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
- Strong technical aptitude with an interest in continuous learning
- Punctuality and reliable attendance.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a high-pressure environment both independently and with a team and adapt quickly to changing situations.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.