Production Artisan (Scenic Carpenter, Set Construction)Job ID R39625 Date posted 09/17/2019
Are you skilled with set design, construction and carpentry? HSN’s Scenic department has an exciting opportunity for a Production Artisan where you will be a part of the Studio Operations team that constructs and produces sets, environments and fixtures for the HSN live broadcast.
Job Description Details
The Production Artisan executes the vision of the creative styling teams who design our studio environments. The Production Artisan constructs and maintains sets, furniture, product displays, props, fixtures and anything necessary to best support the HSN on air brand and product presentations.
A Day in the Life
- Work with a team to assemble, load-in and strike of sets, placement of furniture and set props, and transporting sets between studios and offsite warehouse
- Constructs scenery utilizing a variety of construction techniques and materials, including, but not limited to, working in wood, steel, aluminum, plastics, fiberglass, foams (polyurethane, polystyrene, extruded, etc.), laminates and composites
- Paints scenery utilizing a variety of scene painting techniques and materials that are common to the industry
- Organizes and maintains warehouse of sets and furniture, including repair of sets and furniture. Also inventory control as new sets come in and old are discarded
- Insures that the shop is properly supplied by maintaining an inventory spread sheet and consequently ordering needed supplies in a specific area such as hardware. Rents equipment, tools and vehicles as needed
- Other business related duties as assigned
- 3 years’ carpentry experience working with set construction, carpentry or equivalent scenery experience
- Working knowledge with professional power tools used in a carpentry setting (i.e. table saw, sliding compound miter saw, screw gun/drill, router, pneumatic stapler/nailer, electric or pneumatic sander)
- Experience working with various plastics, veneers, laminates, foams, and other non-traditional building materials
- Understand and comprehend complex drawings, specifications and blueprints to build and assemble scenery or props. Working knowledge of mechanical drawing with the ability to make drawings from existing plans
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel and Vector Works
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Drive a box truck and operate a lift truck and motorized pallet jack
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting, pulling and pushing items over 50 lbs
- Climbing ladders
- Packaging/ un-packaging items
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Use of hands or fingers to handle/ feel objects, tools, or controls
- Reach with arms, balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends to support the HSN live 24/7 broadcast needs
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Willingness to be trained on various equipment
- Intermediate experience working with studio equipment including sets, props, cameras, and lighting equipment
- Welding/Metalworking experience
- Experience with HVLP sprayers
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Must be able to work well both individually as well as on a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.