Platform and Marketing Analytics InternJob ID R41861 Date posted 01/08/2020
Participate in new ways to action big data from digital and television sources. Assist in supporting internal clients by analyzing data to provide insights across the organization. Contribute in preparing communication of results and building data visualizations.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
Work with teammates across Customer, Marketing and Platform Analytics to:
- Assist with analysis of consumer engagement across QVC/HSN platforms and marketing channels
- Partner with the viewership team to create on-air viewership data sets to be used for client analysis
- Assist with activities at the QVC/HSN Digital Command Center (DART), including monitoring real-time purchasing and search information, identify daily trends
- Leverage third party tools to measure the impact of television mentions on digital behavior
- Build and leverage APIs (Google, competitive sets) to collect data and inform merchandising and marketing strategy
- Analyze site performance to inform eCommerce teams on optimization opportunities
- Analyze customer engagement across TV and digital to inform marketing strategies
- Measure on-site search and site navigation effectiveness
- Assist in tracking behavior on television platforms to identify viewing behaviors and inform programming opportunities
- Evaluate and prepare actionable insights and recommendations on regular content, events, campaigns
- Build reports to simply visualize actionable insights for content improvement, partnerships, themes and trends
- Synthesize customer behavior across platforms and marketing channels to inform stakeholders
- Monitor industry trends and events to inform business partners of the changing TV, Retail and eCommerce landscape
- Education: Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master's Degree program in finance, mathematics, analytics, marketing, market research, business, or other related concentration, from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Keen resourcefulness and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the company personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Exercise high level thinking, excellent judgment and problem solving in the execution of responsibilities
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Familiarity with data analysis
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
Nice to Haves
- Experience with visualization tools (R, Tableau, SAS, Spotfire, Power BI, Qlik)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.