Photo Studio ManagerJob ID R43333 Date posted 02/25/2020
Job Description Details
The Photo Studio Manager is responsible for leading the production of product images through photography and sometimes video for HSN’s multiple platforms: television, web, mobile, off-air, print, etc. The role focuses on creating an efficient, technically driven group creating content with the primary purpose of presenting product in appealing ways across all platforms. This role optimizes talent by providing leadership, vision, development and mentorship to a broad team.
Day in the Life
- Lead a process driven, highly efficient team, focused on creating digital photography and video of products to be offered to HSN customers.
- Drives progress by trying new things, learning and improving.
- Leads teams creating execution and styling standards.
- Works as subject matter expert with broad accountability for all aspects of product photography.
- Manages resources in the creative and technical execution of product focused content overseeing studio schedules, personnel, facilities, technical needs, product/sample flow, and other various tasks.
- Ensures daily production goals are met and promotes production efficiency and cost reduction through optimum utilization of resources.
- Ensures consistent operation within determined budget parameters. Tracks and monitors budget/financial planning.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Sets and manages internal client expectations, escalating challenges and managing issues.
- Proactively tracks, prioritizes, organizes, and plans tasks.
- Ability to lead and inspire a dedicated production team with the goal of delivering quality imagery that enhances the customer experience.
- Make business first decisions and always act with integrity.
- Communicates clear vision and champions needed change.
- Holds self and others accountable for delivering results, and demonstrates commitment and energy to achieving team goals.
- Responsible for the continued development and growth of direct reports, including recruiting, goal setting, and performance management and administering the annual performance review process.
- Ensures successful execution of projects by clearing barriers for team while holding them accountable to deliver an on brand experience.
- Communicates major initiatives and milestones.
- Develop, implement and oversee plans for equipment, facilities, staffing and financial aspects of department.
- Identify efficiencies and partner with department managers to maximize budget spending and resources.
- Willingness to embrace the future and be open to change.
- Improves technical & industry production knowledge and skills through formal and informal training; leverages knowledge to enhance the team’s skills and experience in supporting business goals.
- Researches, develops, trains, helps implement new technologies/processes; provides ongoing mentoring of team.
- Bachelor's’ degree in Digital Design, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years studio production/industry experience
- 4+ Extensive experience leading a team
- Compelling leadership influence that inspires others to deliver great results: effective communication, collaboration, and listening skills.
- Must be even-tempered and able to interact well, under pressure, with multiple teams on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Must possess strong management and leadership skills. Must be a good motivator
- Must be able to successfully prioritize and apply knowledge, experience, and learnings to real situations to help solve problems and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability under pressure
- Strong client service and leadership abilities
- Proven negotiation skills results focused with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Operates with highest level of integrity
- High level of emotional and professional maturity; positive, solution-based attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work well within a team
- Flexible, organized, efficient, adaptable and detail oriented
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.