Part Time Buying/Merchandising Internship - Spring 2020Job ID R39801 Date posted 09/12/2019
Are you looking to make the most of your college career? Do you have an interest in a career in Merchandising? Do you excel in a fast-paced environment?
If so, HSN is the place for you!!
HSN’s Merchandising department is currently recruiting for our very competitive Spring 2020 internship program. We are looking for top talent with the passion to drive the business.
HSN, is a leading interactive, entertainment and lifestyle retailer looking for Buying Interns with passion for product and to intern in our various Buying departments from January 6th through April 24th. This program is a great opportunity for anyone that is dedicated at growing their Merchandising career in our business.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Track and process Buyer’s samples received from vendors.
- Responsible for item creation, maintenance, monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and warehouse processing.
- Partner to issue and expedite timely purchase orders (PO’s).
- Work with Internal Departments to ensure products are ready for their “air date”.
- Guest Scheduling and communication.
- Communicate with other departments to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of product lifecycle activities.
- Responsible for vendor communication and education, which includes communicating QA comments.
- Answer all vendor calls in timely basis.
- Responsible for daily office functions (e.g., filling, faxing, copying).
- Able to work a part time schedule 20 hours per week for 16 weeks.
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university (Must be a current student).
- Completed at least four (4) semesters of college from the following majors: Merchandising, Retail Management, Business, Marketing, Economics.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in Retail is strongly preferred.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.