On Call Talent Service Coordinator (Production Assistant)Job ID 0818912 Date posted 10/25/2018
The Talent Service Coordinator is the main Guest Services contact for on-air guests while they are at the HSN TV studios for live show presentations. As part of the Live Show Team, the Talent Service Coordinator is responsible for greeting all guests when they arrive to the TV studio building, and support each guest before and after live show presentations by providing exceptional customer service while managing and executing department logistics. The Talent Service Coordinators must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
- Greet on air guests upon arrival, ensure they have all necessary information for live show preparation, review their schedule and communicate show changes, and assign guests to their greenroom
- Partner with production teams for updates and specific requests to ensure an exceptional guest experience - be attentive and supportive to guests’ needs. Provide extra support and guidance to new HSN on-air guests
- Act as liaison between On-Air Talent, On-Air Producers, Assistant Producers, vendor representatives, and show support staff
- Communicate guest arrivals, greenroom assignments, and pertinent guest information to Assistant Producers throughout the day
- Outfit on air guests with appropriate audio equipment prior to air time.
- Escort on air guests to the set/studio for on-air presentations, secure a microphone check, and ensure they arrive in a timely fashion.
- Address and troubleshoot concerns/issues quickly and professionally
- Manage greenroom assignments and ensure greenrooms are maintained properly—clean, organized and fully stocked with supplies
- Create daily microphone assignments and inventory audio equipment daily
- Perform administrative tasks such as: arranging ground transportation, registering vendor representatives, submitting maintenance requests, organizing/maintaining supplies inventory and guest items, etc.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned during high profile events, live concerts, and celebrity visits
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 1 year of experience in TV or related field (concierge, guest service)
- Skilled in providing exceptional customer service or guest experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Outlook, and Excel
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift, carry, push, pull 5-10 lbs, Able to kneel, squat, bend, reach and ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Schedule could vary to accommodate 24/7 environment, including nights and weekends
"Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Preferred experience working with talent, hosts, celebrities, and/or high profile clients
- BA/BS in TV/Film/Theater/Communications or Service Industry experience
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills and follows directions well
- Ability to work individually or with a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and adapt/adjust in a fast paced work environment
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.