On Call Talent Service Coordinator (Production Assistant)Job ID R38888 Date posted 08/13/2019
Job Description Summary
The Talent Service Coordinator is the main Guest Services contact for on-air guests while they are at the HSN TV studios for live show presentations. As part of the Live Show Team, the Talent Service Coordinator is responsible for greeting all guests when they arrive to the TV studio building, and support each guest before and after live show presentations by providing exceptional customer service while managing and executing department logistics. The Talent Service Coordinators must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
Job Description Details
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the Life
- Greet on air guests upon arrival, ensure they have all necessary information for live show preparation, review their schedule and communicate show changes, and assign guests to their greenroom
- Partner with production teams for updates and specific requests to ensure an exceptional guest experience - be attentive and supportive to guests’ needs. Provide extra support and guidance to new HSN on-air guests
- Act as liaison between On-Air Talent, On-Air Producers, Assistant Producers, vendor representatives, and show support staff
- Communicate guest arrivals, greenroom assignments, and pertinent guest information to Assistant Producers throughout the day
- Outfit on air guests with appropriate audio equipment prior to air time.
- Escort on air guests to the set/studio for on-air presentations, secure a microphone check, and ensure they arrive in a timely fashion.
- Address and troubleshoot concerns/issues quickly and professionally
- Manage greenroom assignments and ensure greenrooms are maintained properly—clean, organized and fully stocked with supplies
- Create daily microphone assignments and inventory audio equipment daily
- Perform administrative tasks such as: arranging ground transportation, registering vendor representatives, submitting maintenance requests, organizing/maintaining supplies inventory and guest items, etc.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned during high profile events, live concerts, and celebrity visits
- 1 year of experience in TV or related field (concierge, guest service)
- Skilled in providing exceptional customer service or guest experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Outlook, and Excel
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift, carry, push, pull 5-10 lbs, Able to kneel, squat, bend, reach and ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Schedule could vary, including nights and weekends
"Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Preferred experience working with talent, hosts, celebrities, and/or high profile clients
- BA/BS in TV/Film/Theater/Communications or Service Industry experience
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills and follows directions well
- Ability to work individually or with a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and adapt/adjust in a fast paced work environment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.