On Call Studio Coordinator (Visual Merchandising)Job ID 0818871 Date posted 10/09/2018
The Studio Coordinator creates and maintains product displays for the HSN live broadcast, and serves as an expert in product preparation and related studio support.
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
- Complete the majority of product prep for the HSN broadcast, ensuring all items are visually appealing, complete, and functional. Prep includes: unpacking, steaming, sorting, verifying quantities and quality, creating displays, table trafficking and other aspects of broadcast product display.
- Coordinate product movement from prep areas to studios during the HSN broadcast, while adhering to HSN show and studio standards.
- Anticipate, and react to, Show Host and Guest needs during the HSN broadcast, including requests related to product, Host cards, supplies and props.
- Attend meetings with broadcast teams to discuss product related requests, and ensure those requests are carried out.
- Prep and work high-profile shows, and interact with high-profile Guests and Teams.
- Maintain departmental props and supplies through proper use, maintenance and storage.
- Ensure timely return of all product (in good condition), to HSN warehouse.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Design, Television & Film, or similar field, or career equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in retail, design, television or related field
- Sense of style and/or creative eye for design
- Experience with Customers or Guests
- Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull/lift up to 35lbs
- Standing/walking for majority of shift
- Wearing headset (with broadcast audio) for up to 8 hours
- Able to work various shifts in a 24/7 environment, including weekends, Holidays and overnights
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain clear communications with all broadcast teams
- Ability to collaborate with a number of internal and external groups
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent time-management skills
- Able to maintain a positive, productive and organized environment
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.