On Call Studio Coordinator (Visual Merchandising)Job ID R818871 Date posted 03/01/2019
The Studio Coordinator creates and maintains product displays for the HSN live broadcast, and serves as an expert in product preparation and related studio support.
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Complete the majority of product prep for the HSN broadcast, ensuring all items are visually appealing, complete, and functional. Prep includes: unpacking, steaming, sorting, verifying quantities and quality, creating displays, table trafficking and other aspects of broadcast product display.
- Coordinate product movement from prep areas to studios during the HSN broadcast, while adhering to HSN show and studio standards.
- Anticipate, and react to, Show Host and Guest needs during the HSN broadcast, including requests related to product, Host cards, supplies and props.
- Attend meetings with broadcast teams to discuss product related requests, and ensure those requests are carried out.
- Prep and work high-profile shows, and interact with high-profile Guests and Teams.
- Maintain departmental props and supplies through proper use, maintenance and storage.
- Ensure timely return of all product (in good condition), to HSN warehouse.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Design, Television & Film, or similar field, or career equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in retail, design, television or related field
- Sense of style and/or creative eye for design
- Experience with Customers or Guests
- Physical Requirements:
- Push/pull/lift up to 35lbs
- Standing/walking for majority of shift
- Wearing headset (with broadcast audio) for up to 8 hours
- Able to work various shifts in a 24/7 environment, including weekends, Holidays and overnights
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain clear communications with all broadcast teams
- Ability to collaborate with a number of internal and external groups
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent time-management skills
- Able to maintain a positive, productive and organized environment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.