On-Air Planner - BeautyJob ID R40194 Date posted 09/25/2019
HSN’s Merchandising teams are responsible for developing our unique product assortment. Our buying teams partner with world class designers and industry experts to develop HSN exclusive products and build their brands. The teams create product and brands to inspire, entertain and engage our customers through assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation and promotion. Our On-Air Planners work directly with the Buyer to be the financial business partner on assigned categories. They serve a key role by identifying and communicating opportunities and risks through the analysis of sales, gross profit and inventory turnover. On-Air Planners work closely with the merchant team to help develop omni-channel business strategies that sets HSN apart.
Job Description Details
- Responsible for building strong financial plans within assigned categories focusing on key business metrics including Global Net Sales, IMU, Receipts, Inventory and Gross Profit.
- Contributes to the Assortment Plan by collaborating with the buying lead on the development and in season management of Today’s Specials, Key Items, and Digital Drivers.
- Demonstrates leadership through interactive participation during weekly business strategy reviews with Buyers, Directors/VPs and Show Planners.
- Responsible for building and managing strategic live OnAir shows focusing on item variety, net sales, inventory sell through, and gross profit to drive both OnAir and OffAir metrics.
- Managing markdowns and retail reduction plan.
- Developing, presenting, and managing the OTB OnAir and OffAir sales forecasts, receipts forecast, inventory levels, and gross profit
- Develops monthly Bottom’s Up Plan for assigned categories for both OnAir and OffAir focusing on Net Sales, Item Sell through, and Gross Profit.
- Knowledge and understanding of the strategy, our performance against plan and the reasons we are or are not meeting our plan.
- BS/BA in related field
- 2 years of merchandise planning experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in analyzing data.
- Understands the merchandising process, retail math, product lifecycles, and open to buy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the HSN strategy.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, particularly in influencing and managing peer relationships, as well as, relationships with Merchant, vendor/guest, and programming partners. Demonstrates an ability to interact with senior level management
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, including verbal, non-verbal, and written. Able to articulate business strategies and be assertive in the communication of decisions. Able to speak with confidence and conviction in a concise manner.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making skills with an ability to translate findings from analysis into a business strategy with Merchant, programming and vendor partners; including reading and reacting to the business.
- Demonstrates a familiarity with market trends, awareness of competitive businesses and general HSN customer preferences.
- Shows ability to think both strategically and tactically in the management of the business. Able to formulate a point of view of the business and to summarize opportunities and strategies.
- Has an advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook. Is able to create documents and spreadsheets: formulas, links, graphs, charts, pivot tables, etc.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Six (6) plus years industry related experience – i.e.: Planning/Merch/Buying
- BS/BA in related field
- Experience using and inventory tracking tool (i.e. - Retek)
- Experience using an inventory maintenance tool
- Experience using an inventory planning tool (i.e. - Arthur)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.