Off Air Planner - Clearance PlannerJob ID R40434 Date posted 10/02/2019
Reporting to the Director, Planning, the Off Air Clearance Planner is responsible for driving clearance product sales (Buy Anytime) and managing the overall clearance inventory via the off air channels. Core accountabilities include; scripting of shows and managing inventory, productivity & margin to drive sales. Work with others to plan and improve the business and maximize sales opportunities and manage clearance inventory. Perform duties according to company policies and procedures with latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
- Prioritize on-air sales and productivity maximization. Script shows according to Pal Basic standards and scripting guidelines.
- Complete Rundowns for non-live shows on Alternate Channels within basic standards and productivity guidelines
- Complete shows for all channels as required within show basic standards and productivity guidelines
- Work with planning partners as required across all channels
- Monitor and advise on calendar adjustments across all channels based on sales results and trends
- Strategize items to maximize selling exposures.
- Identify and react to promotional opportunities including: Show Stopper & TDO identification, Flex Pay usage and Shipping & Handling discounts etc.
- Analyze show / item performance and recommend/initiate next actions.
- Identify and execute reorders cultivating the future development of the item as a part of the actions taken.
- Recap the sales of every major event and make recommendations for future enhancements.
- Price product, manage markdowns and manage category margin to the assigned goal.
- Use flex pay to maximize sales opportunities and control inventory up to the assigned penetration goal.
- Expedite RTV approvals.
- Manage overall inventory level to assigned goal.
- Manage distressed inventory level to assigned goal.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings to review items and strategies. Make recommendations for future direction. Partner with cross functional team members to execute strategies.
- Partner with Category Planning Manager to provide input on future direction. Partner with On Air Planner regarding opportunities off-air.
- Provide creative/innovative solutions to problems. Have knowledge of product categories and markets. Manage items and/or opportunities to meet or exceed the expectations of the external customer.
- Deliver effective oral and written presentations.
- Adhere to all department deadlines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Minimum three years’ business experience. Experience in a planning or merchandising function preferred as well as experience in the retail industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Have experience working for a major retailer.
- Have experience working in complex environments.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.