Off Air Merchandise Trainee - Accessories & FootwearJob ID R39578 Date posted 09/07/2019
If you have a passion for product balanced with a business mindset the Off Air Merchandise Trainee is an excellent way to grow your career in buying. As a Merchandise Trainee you will participate and learn the HSN product life-cycle and help bring top product to our customers. The Merchandise Trainee is your starting point to grow your career while working in an exciting and engaging environment!
Job Description Details
Under the general supervision of the Off-Air Merchant, the Merchandise Trainee – Off Air is responsible for the daily tactical functions of the assigned merchandise category. They will prioritize work/projects and ensure tasks are completed within established deadlines.
Day in the Life
- The Merchandise Trainee – Off Air is responsible for executing the off-air direction and strategy of the Off-Air Merchant. Learn all the functions of an Off Air Assistant Merchant/ Assistant Buyer.
- Check spreadsheet for accuracy and all HSN information.
- Process Build spreadsheet through the necessary steps and processes. Understand the necessary steps and importance of information needed.
- Follow up on builds to make sure items are built and inventory is loaded.
- Process cost and Retail changes as needed.
- Check website daily to make sure product is up and showing correctly. Swatch color choices of fashion items. Add Marketing Text when applicable. Make sure all products have correct images and are appearing on line.
- Offer support and feedback to vendors throughout the build and QA process.
- Communicate and educate vendors on HSN processes/terms.
- Address vendor questions and concerns.
- Supply reports to vendors as scheduled or as needed.
- Attend vendor meetings as needed.
- Establish relationships within the merchandising team and cross-functionally across HSN.
- Understand the process needed for/by Legal/QA/Drop ship Operations/taxonomy--perform in a timely manner.
- Work cross-functionally with Buying offices to support specific categories or brands.
- Respond to internal and external issues or problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets, reports and documents.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience.
- Experience: Previous Retail or Merchandise Buying experience preferred. Knowledge of internet, Proficient in excel and other web programs, Ability to access information using automated systems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong follow through skills with a demonstrated sense of urgency
- Strong communicator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an eCommerce environment
- Prior Merchandising/Buying or Retail Experience
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.