.NET C# Developer
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
Business Unit Summary
As part of the Software Engineering team for planning systems this Software Engineer plays an active role in the design, development, testing and support stages of the Software Life Cycle. This individual will develop code for small to mid-size applications, or portions of a particular project, in concert with other developers. He or she will interface with development, business and functional teams across departments and document, design, develop, test, deploy and support the solutions that the planning systems team owns.
A Day in the Life
- Create, modify, and maintain code contained in production system level applications.
- Create and maintain documentation of application/development work.
- Participate in SCRUM meetings and provide progress updates to assigned tasks.
- Assist Senior Engineers and QA Testers in creating, reviewing and executing test plans/scenarios and data.
- Assist with support on critical production issues and be able to support low to medium level issues on their own.
- Ensure assigned defects/enhancements are validated, documented and resolved appropriately.
- Perform testing of code developed within the team.
- Assists Scrum Master in determining sequence of development execution and owns and delivers design artifacts for each sprint.
- Designs, documents and prototypes software solutions.
- Help team members with orchestration of development activities and provides technical mentorship to junior staff member
- Applies knowledge of the latest trends in the industry and engage with other team members to consult and help to implement appropriate technology practices / solutions
- Estimate work effort for input to project planning.
- Escalate delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers and/or project leads.
- Participates in the gathering of user requirements.
- Participates in code review sessions and provides thought leadership to the development team
- Performs as the SME ‘go-to’ person on small to medium sized projects.
- Assesses situations and suggests systemic process improvements.
- Follows industry accepted project management methodology and standards on all projects.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, and Boundary less, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
- 4-6 years of Software Development experience
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle ( SDLC )
- Expertise in the development of multi-platform, multi-threaded, distributed applications
- Commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible custom applications
- Strong programming ability, with great attention to detail and design as well as a passion for producing efficient and elegant code
- Solid understanding of user interface/experience design principals and a passion for constant improvement
- Desire to learn and use new technologies
- .NET skill set (C# or VB.NET preferred)
- Experience with one or more of the following Third-party Controls - Telerik, DevExpress, Infragistics and/or Janus
- Expertise in building and managing RESTful API’s
- Relational Databases
- Strong SQL Knowledge
- Knowledge in Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (2015 and higher)
- Must have a solid understanding of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, implementation, support, testing and deployment management.
- 2 or more years’ experience with Agile methodology (Scrum)
- Strong written, oral and visual communications skills
- Interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management
- Excellent Follow up Skills
- Ability to give direction to others
- Highly Organized and Self-Driven
- Ability to breakdown and communicate complex technical ideas and concepts to all levels
- Works collaboratively and advocates ideas
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- DevOps knowledge is a plus
- Experience in CI/CD practices for code implementation (including knowledge of test automation practices) is desirable
- Mobile development (Web based or Native) is desirable
- Unix Shell Script, Java, and MQ experience is a plus
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location