Motion Graphics Designer (On Call/Part - time)Job ID R42581 Date posted 01/21/2020
Develop, design, illustrate and animate creative concepts provided by our creative directors and or art directors for on-air branding, promotion and advertising for HSN, while meeting the HSN objectives and strategies and adhering to tight deadlines.
Job Description Details
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the Life
- Develop, design, illustrate and animate creative concepts
- Ensure full understanding of creative objectives and needs of internal on-air/off-air clients
- Develops and executes design and layout solutions for on-air or off-air programs and projects
- Implements solutions with a high level of proficiency and artistry
- Readily apply new technological design innovations
- Incorporate new and innovative animation and graphic design
**In order to be considered you must include a link to, or attachment of, your portfolio **
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate creative vision exquisitely
- A degree / diploma in fine arts or graphic design
- Experience designing storyboards and style frames for TV
- In-depth working knowledge and proficiency of animation and graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- A well-rounded design sensibility and knowledge of typography
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts in Graphic Design or related field preferred
- Experience working with Retail, Fashion, and/or Beauty graphic oriented design is a plus
- Experience as a designer /animator at major network and/or in the workplace creating broadcast quality design
- Expert on a variety of technology platforms and graphic design and animation software packages
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and 3D software
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.