Mgr Platform Engineering - Oracle/NoSQL
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
Job Description Details
The Manager IT Engineering, Oracle and NoSQL Databases is responsible for leading the Oracle/Exadata/Netezza/NoSQL database platform and engineering team in the design, installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and overall management of capacity and performance.
This manager will be responsible for the overall database platform design and architecture to achieve the highest levels of availability and fault tolerance in a tiered environment driven by application and business needs.
- Provides management and direction to the Oracle and NoSQL DBA team of 9, ensuring optimal DB Platform operations for QVC, HSN and CBI cross people, process and technologies.
- Directs teams, ensuring they are working together effectively, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities.
- Builds and maintains key partnerships and alignment across both application development and infrastructure teams in order to ensure we are aligned on applications needs and HW requirements to provide the most optimal DB performance.
- Establishes and enforces Database Platform standards, processes, and policies to ensure compliance
- Monitors key performance indicators and service level objectives for continually improving the performance of the Oracle and NoSQL Database Platforms.
- Leads the evaluation of emerging Database platform technologies, upgrades, and tools.
- Reviews performance and capacity of the Oracle, Exadata, Netezza, and Couchbase Database Platforms to improve operational efficiency, increase reliability, performance, and productivity levels.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve Database issues in partnership with the vendors and teams.
- Engaged in the application development cycle in several ways: application design/db requirements/changes, DB code standards, migrations and production deployments.
- Responsible for database disaster recovery and data replication, including planning, documentation, implementation and failover testing.
- Responsible for all team performance-related activities, including performance reviews and any disciplinary recommendations.
- Implements strategies to attract, retain, motivate and develop DBA talent on the team.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with all levels/teams.
The ideal candidate...
Provides management and direction to the Oracle and NoSQL DBA team of 9, ensuring optimal DB Platform operations for QVC, HSN and CBI cross people, process and technologies.
Builds and maintains key partnerships and alignment across both application development and infrastructure teams in order to ensure we are aligned on applications needs and HW requirements to provide the most optimal DB performance
Directs teams, ensuring they are working together effectively, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities.
Oversees the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and administration of all Oracle and NoSQL database platforms to achieve a great customer experience, system availability, performance, and security objectives
Establishes and enforces Database Platform standards, processes, and policies to ensure compliance
Establishes and monitors key performance indicators and service level objectives for continually improving the performance of Database Platforms
You will possess...
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability of building quick alignment, driving to decisions, influencing without positional power, and collaborating to producing improved outcomes
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location