Mgr - IT Operations & Services (Data Centers & Workload Management)
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
As the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer, HSN/the Qurate Retail Group has a history of growth and success that goes unmatched. HSN is now part of Qurate Retail Group and believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences. As a $14B business, we reach over 370M homes worldwide, with 2.2B visits to 13 websites. Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. Our technology teams are constantly innovating. From designing apps to creating entirely new platforms, technology is at the core of all that we do. Our global IT organization is expanding and we are in search of an IT Operations and Service Manager to join our high performing technology team.
Job Description Details
Qurate is looking for that special individual who has technical hands on experience with data
center design & management while having experience with workload automation, job scheduling
and managed file transfer technology.
In this role you will be responsible to help establish and evangelize a new global standard for
managing our Qurate data centers. The scope is for data centers managed by Qurate and
those managed by our colocation partners. While helping us set a new standard for data center
management, you will also have direct management of the workload automation, job scheduling
and managed file transfer team. This team plays a critical and high demand role within the
organization. As such, you will be required to manage the team’s backlog and help establish a
standard sprint cadence using an agile scrum methodology.
● Plan and execute campus operational budgets, expense forecasting, and manage the established
● Set strategy and plan deployments across multiple sites.
● Lead efforts to integrate strategy and execution with internal and external business partners.
● Create strategy for long term cost effective operations, focused on total cost of ownership.
● Demonstrate critical thinking and innovation in approaching traditional data center problems and
● Manage work assignment for Managed File Transfer and Workload Automation team.
● Define global Data Center policies and practices
● Establish process and procedures to ensure all Qurate data centers are managed to required
local and global security standards.
● Optimize the global footprint for Qurate’s Co-located and On-Premise data centers.
● Define required environmental and system monitoring needed to manage remote data centers.
● Collaborate with technology and facilities teams world wide to execute a unification of data center
● Establish technical roadmap for Qurates Workload Automation and Managed file transfer
● Define priorities for the Workload Automation team
Minimum qualifications :
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
● Critical facilities management experience, including facility, technical and team management.
● Experience managing mission critical facilities portfolio.
● Experience creating and managing data centers
● Hands on engagement with various colocation data center providers
● Experience within a hybrid-cloud environment
● Demonstrated success executing projects with an Agile Scrum methodology.
Preferred qualifications :
● MS degree in related engineering field.
● Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards.
● Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in a data center environment.
● Excellent people management and leadership skills; ability to influence at all levels.
● Ability to execute within a matrixed organization
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location