Merchandising Data Entry AssistantJob ID R36257 Date posted 04/30/2019
Job Description Details
This is a great role to start out in if you are looking to jump start your career in Digital Merchandising! This position reports through the Extended Assortment Digital Buying teams; the Merchandising Data Entry Assistant provides administrative support to the Buying office(s) assigned.The Data Entry Assistant must multi-task and prioritize effectively while executing various tasks to set up items and write reorder POs. Interacts with vendors and other teams to respond to time-sensitive requests, ensures accuracy and completeness of data, and communicates issues as they arise. Maintains and develops efficient and accurate reporting for team. Responsible for educating other teams to ensure future requests are received with clear and accurate information. Provides support for all cost and retail changes in department. Supports Buying office with daily tasks.
Day in the Life
Approves and builds items in respective systems
Work with suppliers to provide all necessary supporting documentation for item set up process and contact suppliers, if necessary, to secure more information on a product
Work with eComm, PI, QA, Drop Ship/Logistics teams to get products live on the site
- Liaison to Drop Ship/Logistics team, Tech team, eComm and suppliers to troubleshoot and solve any issues for new or live items
- Assist Buying Office in executing all cost and retail changes
Works directly with Inventory & Pricing Team to write all reorder POs as advised.
Support office with daily tasks and projects (Vendor funded free shipping forms, UPC information). Contact vendors to request product samples and box up and return samples to vendors once the buying office has finished with them. New vendor set up.All Drop Ship & Eco certifications.
- Minimum of two years of experience preferably in Merchandising or related work to support input of product related information.
- Good oral, written and telephonic communication skills including use of email to share information
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to interact with various levels of management and HSN guest/vendors
- Detail oriented with very good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results
- Ability to analyze data/situations and draw relevant conclusions so as to alert Buying office
- Ability to access information using automated systems (e.g., windows based computer); experience with spreadsheets (Excel preferred) and word processing (Word preferred); PowerPoint preferred
- Ability and confidence to present opinions and thoughts in a clear manner
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.