Manager - EDM Cloud
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
We're a select group of like-minded businesses that provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling. We combine the best of retail, media and social to curate experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. We bring joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. We also curate large audiences, across our many platforms, for our thousands of brand vendors.
Job Description Details
The Manager – IT Application Development (EDM) is a key managerial position within IT responsible for leading a team of employees and consultants, in the design, development and delivery of Data Warehouse and analytical solutions. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge in data ingestion, data modelling and data visualization. Expertise in data warehouse from conception to implementation, continued support and performance improvements.
This candidate is an energetic and a highly business-aware technology professional who has the ability to collaborate with colleagues across internal as well as external partners and vendors to ensure timely delivery of projects.
The individual will be responsible for leading the Home Shopping Network (HSN) team under Qurate Retail Group (QRG). The individual in this hands-on role will be responsible for the availability and accessibility of data across QRG. This includes the appropriate strategic planning/execution necessary to keep Data warehouse ecosystems available our Internal Customers as well as tactical day-to-day support activities.
- Oversees and mentors the Data Warehouse and analytics team, ensuring team continuous improvement practices are embraced at both an individual and team levelWorks with stakeholders to understand business needs and translates how technology can be applied for Data Collection, Transformation, Analysis and Presentation
- Technical lead on projects contributing to definition of scope, resource/cost estimates, and timelines for projects
- Manages the relationship of external software, hardware, and contracting vendorsAssist in strategic and operational planning and continuous business process improvement
- Lead the analysis, design, process definition, configuration, testing, documentation and troubleshooting activities for the data warehouse and all analytics platforms.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical issuesSupport the team in delivering data solutions that are robust, high-performing, secure and that meet the needs of the business
- Responsible for the efficient, compliant, timely, and secure acquisition, integration, provision, and exchange of the enterprise data.
- Develop & document technical best practices for ETL-related activities including data movement, data aggregation, data quality, and data cleansing that support innovative and optimal data warehouse solutions
- Key influencer in determining roadmap for Data Warehouse, Data Lakes on Cloud, analytics, machine learning, data modeling and concepts to support QRG’s strategic priorities and core mission
- Oversee all BI, Data Visualization, Machine Learning and Analytics Platforms
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other computer-related
- 6 + years of experience in Application Systems Deployments / Data warehousing / Business Intelligence / Analytics
- Leadership/People management experience
Additional Skills, knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other computer-related field, or equivalent enterprise experience.
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, such as Informatica & ETL and analytical platforms
- Experience implementing Data Warehouse and Data Management systems on MS Azure
- Working experience realizing solutions from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and statistical methodologies would be a plus
- 6+ years' experience in data and report analytics.
- 6+ years' experience with database migration and/or integration.
- 6+ years' experience using ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, Mulesoft etc.
- Strong SQL/PLSQL skills
- Good knowledge of Oracle, Netezza, Teradata and other database models and systems.
- Good technical understanding of Data Quality and Data Cleansing
- Current knowledge of data analytics and management and awareness of industry trends
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong understanding of metrics and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to perform in pressure situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to troubleshoot data quality, data integration and performance issues
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a professional manner with an emphasis for service quality.
- Excellent documentation practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical clients.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location