Manager Software Engineer
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
We're a select group of like-minded businesses that provide customers with curated collections of unique products, made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling. We combine the best of retail, media and social to curate experiences, conversations, and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers. We bring joy, inspiration, and humanity to shopping. We also curate large audiences, across our many platforms, for our thousands of brand vendors.
Job Description Details
The Manager, Software Engineering for HSN’sPlanning and Programming System plans, directs, and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. This person coordinates the activities of the staff on projects, and ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. He or she monitors the team that develops and carries out internal IT projects for assigned business units and also manages supporting the production systems and maintaining the health and performance of these systems. This role also entails monitoring project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, and providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise. He or she makes decisions on the integration within systems, resource management, financials, and timelines and leads a high performing team to deliver high quality solutions for the business and customers.
Partner with Business community and champion business process improvements and reengineering through properly defined system improvements and controls
Supporting business applications that are mission-critical and innovating and stabilizing the core platform through continued improvements to systems and SDLC processes.
Recruit, build, motivate, inspire, mentor and leverage a world class software development team
Partner and collaborate with various cross functional teams like Merchandising, Order Management, Digital, Media technologies, Infrastructure and other cross-functional IT and business teams to lead and deliver internal and external projects on time and budget
Devise technology strategy and implementation roadmap based on business strategy and growth plans
• Proven track record of delivering solutions to market in Planning Space
• Experience in evaluating leading edge Packaged solutions and open source technologies to determine its viability and applicability in the Planning and Programming application Space and ability to implement selected packages working with vendors and internal teams
• Ability and passion to form and lead a disruptive technology team to provide innovative solutions
• Maintains relationship with global business and stakeholders, supports prioritization and budget process across product and portfolio management.
• Drive agile development of a global, large-scale, distributed, high performance, high-availability IT platform.
• Strong and detailed knowledge of application architectures, Planning, Forecasting, Inventory, Sales and Margin Business components, service-oriented systems integrations, front-end technologies, cloud computing, continuous integration and deployment methodologies
• Strong organizational planning and development, business acumen, technical leadership, and communication skills to lead a team
• Ability to drive the creation of new standards and best practices as technology evolves; communicates and drives adoption across the technical community
• Thrive in a high-pressure challenge driven environment with passion to innovate and with fast acting decision-making abilities and an agile mindset
• Excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills and ability to interface with all functions at all levels of the organization
• Experience building and managing SOA applications and leading major system conversion initiatives from traditional monolithic systems to objected oriented and shared services systems.
• Must have a solid understanding of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, implementation, support, testing and deployment management.
• Must demonstrate expertise in setting and managing customer expectations and technical proficiency in hardware and systems software.
• Must display skill in conceptualizing creative solutions and communicating them to senior management.
• Must be customer focused and able to manage client expectations.
• Keep abreast of technical advances and industry best practices in partnership with senior level IT management to determine the applicability of new technology to achieve business objectives and strategies.
• Communicates and disseminates departmental information as well as, policy and procedural changes to staff in a timely manner. Conducts both team and individual employee meetings on a regular basis.
• Excellent analytical, negotiation, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong people skills including, coaching, mentoring, performance management, administering compensation, and developing teams.
• Provides coaching and direction to other IT team members.
• Monitors application performance, recommends and executes performance improvements.
• Provides on call support when needed.
• Preferred knowledge in Release and Deployment automation, CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) development practices and SCRUM frame work
• Preferred knowledge in tightly securing business applications exposed internally and externally
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8-10 years of IT experience and a minimum of 3 years of direct technical leadership or managerial experience
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location