Manager Scenic StylingJob ID 0819132 Date posted 11/09/2018
HSN has been connecting with consumers through its TV shopping platform since inception. Our TV Live Show and Content teams are responsible for providing all the information and producing the experiences that allow our customers to hear and see our programming live 24/7, 364 days a year.
Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, the Manager Scenic Styling is responsible for the day to day management, supervision and development of the Stylist Team. This position oversees all creative stylist operations in order to support the decorative needs for the HSN live 24/7 broadcast and related events and projects. Ensures that the stylist team is brand and product focused while carrying out the communicated vision and creative direction of the Art Directors. The Manager, Scenic Styling is independently accountable to ensure all scenic environments and assets support HSN’s visual aesthetic and brand direction.
- Has the authority and responsibility to organize and execute the day-to-day operational workflow, including team scheduling, assignments and related to set styling for HSN’s on-air broadcast, with the authority to initiate new programs to improve team processes and procedures
- Responsible for all supervisory, organizational, and scheduling needs as pertains to the on-air Scenic Styling team: this includes Payroll approval, performance reviews, coaching and development, and maintaining operational supplies and materials within budgetary parameters
- Organize and execute hiring and training for all Stylists including visual expectations on shows & special events and research styling trends
- Develop and implement scheduling of Stylist team that will meet creative and business goals including forecasting 2-6 weeks out for shows, events and priority programming
- Manage stylist’s projects, assignments, presentations, workload and timeline
- Communicates and executes last minute issues, status, changes and callouts to the appropriate members of the Broadcast Production team and handle last minute scheduling changes
- Reacts and responds to unexpected situations arising during the live show to support the broadcast
- Works with the Art Directors in navigating requests, assignments, visual direction and consistent brand continuity so that the Stylist team can execute accordingly
- Facilitate clear creative communication with all related departments and partners, including props team, appropriate prop sourcing, availability and monthly stylist budget operations
- Partner with Property Master regarding purge approvals and Studio Operations to keep studios/storage areas maintained
- Partner with Props Team for purge approvals, Telescope updates, furniture maintenance/repairs, seasonal pallet storage and delivery
- Ensures that the on-air Scenic Styling team is compliant with safety and security guidelines
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Five years of supervisory experience in retail, film/television production and or visual styling
- Working knowledge of scenery and environment design
- Strong leadership and team building skills with ability to supervise, train and lead on-line personnel
- Must have a great visual sensibility/aesthetics and be able to translate and interpret that into 3D environments.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to understand and communicate creative ideas through story boards, mood boards or sketches
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Basic understanding of three dimensional design, spatial theory, composition, and basic construction
- Ability to incorporate knowledge of product sell needs, brand needs and camera requirements when dressing a set or an event/shoot.
- Ability to work independently and must be able to multi-task projects with specific deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.