Manager, Data Center/Cloud Computing
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
At Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA) we believe in a Third Way to ShopSM – beyond transactional e-commerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores – for customers who crave engaging shopping experiences.
Job Description Details
Qurate is looking for that special individual who has technical hands on experience with Cloud management and migration while having experience with data center design & management, workload automation, job scheduling and managed file transfer technology.
Your primary focus will be in creating a sustainable model to manage our cloud subscriptions, asset tagging and financial governance for our cloud investment. You will also have the responsibility to help establish and evangelize a new global standard for managing our Qurate data centers. The scope is for data centers managed by Qurate and those managed by our colocation partners. This role has direct oversight for our system optimization and service continuity for all data centers and cloud based systems. You will have the opportunity to shape the future design of our service resiliency model as we evolve our portion in the cloud and software defined data centers.
While defining the above strategy, you will also have direct management of the workload automation, job scheduling and managed file transfer team. This team plays a critical and high demand role within the organization. As such, you will be required to manage the team’s backlog and help establish a standard sprint cadence using an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Defining and partnering on Cloud Migration initiatives
- Strategy for managing our Cloud spend and identifying optimization opportunities for our compute resource allocations within the Qurate Retail Group
- Create strategy for long term cost effective operations, focused on total cost of ownership
- Demonstrate critical thinking and innovation in approaching traditional data center problems, emergent challenges and cloud investment
- Manage work assignment for Managed File Transfer and Workload Automation team.
- Define global Data Center policies and practices
- Establish process and procedures to ensure all Qurate data centers are managed to required local and global security standards
- Optimize the global footprint for Qurate’s Co-located and On-Premise data centers
- Define required environmental and system monitoring needed to manage remote data centers
- Collaborate with technology and facilities teams world wide to execute a unification of data center practices/design
- Establish technical roadmap for Qurates Workload Automation and Managed file transfer platform
- Define priorities for the Workload Automation team
- Plan and execute operational budgets, expense forecasting, and manage the established budgets
- Set strategy and plan deployments across multiple sites
- Lead efforts to integrate strategy and execution with internal and external business partners
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in migration to Cloud providers
- Critical facilities management experience, including facility, technical and team management
- Experience managing mission critical facilities portfolio
- Experience creating and managing data centers
- Hands on engagement with various colocation data center providers
- Experience within a hybrid-cloud environment
- Demonstrated success executing projects with an Agile Scrum methodology
- MS degree in a related engineering field
- Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards
- Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in a data center environment
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to execute within a matrixed organization
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location