Manager Applications Development - IT Marketing Platforms
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
As the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer, QVC has a history of growth and success that goes unmatched. We are an $8.8 billion business that reaches over 300 million homes worldwide. QVC continues to grow on-line, on-air, and through mobile. Ranked as the #3 largest mobile commerce player among multi-category retailers and with nearly 3 million downloads for QVC apps for iPhone and iPad in US, UK and Germany, our global IT organization is expanding and we are in search of tech talent to join our high performing team. We are an innovative, technology-driven company that embraces corporate responsibility and is committed to our people. US Headquarters are located just outside of Philadelphia in West Chester, PA. Whether you’re coming from Center City, the airport, or a suburb with regional rail service, the QVC shuttle service provides a stress-free daily commute to work.
Job Description Details
The Manager of Applications Development IT Commerce Platforms Relevant Marketing will plan, manage and allocate IT resources and coordinate interactions with clients within development and operations of QVC global Marketing IT Platform including Social Media and Analytics. The position keeps delivery teams focused through the design, development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application development solutions in context of email/sms/push marketing, Facebook Integration, Search Engine Optimization, Community/Campaign Management, Data Feeds, Enhanced Customer Recognition and Deep Linking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision will perform the following:
- Drive agile development of a global, large-scale, distributed, high performance, high-availability marketing IT platform.
- Responsible for the technical solution and platform operation involving multiple systems and 3rd party applications. With support of service augmentation reports on platform health, incidents and drives resolution.
- Fosters open communication and teamwork with staff in a global context. Motivate and coach staff to perform at peak efficiency and highest potential, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Maintains relationship with global business and stakeholders, supports prioritization and budget process across product and portfolio management.
- Accepts and promotes change consistent with the IT strategic direction.
- Provides timely communication within IT and to internal clients that is clear, concise and appropriate for target audience.
- Drives the team to develop new applications in compliance with approved architecture and software standards.
- Grows the organization and the iterative process:
- Facilitates formation and build out of team into cross functional agile delivery marketing team.
- Bridges communication with other delivery teams and proactively interchanges team velocity, progress and resolves impediments.
- Ensures consistent documentation and operational procedures across all assets of global IT marketing systems.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Promotes collaboration globally across all functional IT departments.
- Keep abreast of technical advances and industry best practices in partnership with senior level IT management to determine the applicability of new technology to achieve business objectives and strategies.
- Communicates and disseminates departmental information as well as, policy and procedural changes to staff in a timely manner. Conducts both team and individual employee meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensure project tasks and deliverables meet requirements and are completed on schedule.
- Experience leading offshore development and 3rd party support augmentation teams.
- Experience troubleshooting cross platform applications with a focus on performance improvement, consolidation of technology and legacy application retirement.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and initiatives while maintaining deadlines and managing resources.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills including, coaching, mentoring, performance management, administering compensation, and developing teams.
- Provides coaching and direction to other IT team members.
- Monitors application performance, recommends and executes performance improvements.
- Provides on call support when needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or certificate from an accredited association preferred, or equivalent training and experience.
- 8-10 years of overall IT experience.
- Management experience in Marketing or eCommerce supporting systems and applications in a global, multi-market environment.
- Hands-on Agile / Lean / Scrum experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following: Spring Framework, Java/J2EE, JSP, Web Services/SOA, Akamai CDN, and HTML.
- Experience with SAS Campaign Management/ SAS Analytics is a plus
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location