St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
As part of the Software Engineering team for order management, call center systems, and telecom this Software Engineer plays an active role in the design, development and support stages of the Software Life Cycle. This individual will develop code for small to mid-size applications, or portions of a particular project, in concert with other developers. He or she will interface with development, business and functional teams across departments and document, design and develop solutions. This role will also participate in the testing phase, specifically in the area of defect identification and resolution.
- Create, modify, and maintain code contained in production system level applications.
- Create and maintain documentation of application/development work.
- Participate in SCRUM meetings and provide progress updates to assigned tasks.
- Assist Senior Engineers and QA Testers in creating and reviewing test plans/scenarios and data.
- Assist with support on production issues.
- Ensure assigned defects/enhancements are validated, documented and resolved appropriately.
- Perform unit testing of code developed within the team.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of technical work experience.
- 2 or more years of Software Development work experience.
- One or more of the following: (JAVA J2ee, Spring Boot, Spring Core, Spring RESTFul Web Services, Spring Batch, Spring Cloud)
- TFS, JIRA, GIT or and equivalent version control.
- Relational Database Design and Programming.
- SQL proficiency (T-SQL or ORACLE PL/SQL).
- GUI development exposure.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Proficient MS Office skills.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Server JRE experience
- VoiceXML tools and applications; Convergys Intervoice Voice Portal
- Apache Tomcat; Exlipse, TOAD, SQL Developer
- NoSQL DB, Angular, containers
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Programming experience with one or more of the following: C#, AJAX,.NET, XML/VXML/XSLT, HTML, CSS
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location