IT Platform Engineer - Video
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
The Media Platform Engineering Team performs integrations, administration and application support for Qurate’s highly available 24/7 media platforms. The media platforms including but not limited to DAM\MAM, web services/API’s, transcoding, and live streaming.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects and may serve as a technical lead.
- Analyzes business requirements for system infrastructure.
- Implements hardware and systems software upgrades to existing servers.
- Solves inoperability issues and acts as a Go-to person for media related system infrastructure.
- Works with client team in testing and implementing systems and releases.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of infrastructure support and process documentation
- Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring of DAM\MAM, web services transcoding and live streaming.
- Deploys, integrates, installs, and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
- Works closely with customers to determine their strategic business requirements and measures system performance against expectations.
- Supports production systems, as required, through performance optimization, problem resolution, and timely issue communications.
Keys to Success
At Qurate, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field or equivalent years of related technical experience.
- Experience administering server operating systems (Windows or Linux) and web-based applications.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Experience effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
- Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
- Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented.
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Proficient in scripting and automation with an emphasis on integration.
- Experience with live and static video delivery over the Internet in various industry standard formats.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with various storage methodologies.
- Experience managing large-scale transcode platforms (cloud or on-prem).
- Experience with various monitoring tools, from basic system availability to video analysis.
- Working knowledge of content delivery networks.
- Familiar with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies, such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Xebia and TeamCity
- Familiar with Visio.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of the television production processes, broadcast operations, and technical production requirements.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location