Internal Communications and Community Affairs InternshipJob ID 0819384 Date posted 01/29/2019
The communications department oversees all corporate and consumer communications for the HSNi portfolio of 8 brands. The team is responsible for creating the internal and external communications strategy for the business, elevating overall brand awareness, executive positioning, communications and public relations events, and HSNi Cares, the philanthropic arm of the company.
Day in the Life
- Provide planning and implementation support for internal and external Community Affairs programs, including volunteer management, corporate sponsorships, documentation, event tracking and evaluation.
- Design and develop internal communications and meeting presentations in partnership with the Community Affairs team.Collaborate with corporate function leaders to create appropriate messaging of Community Affairs strategies, initiatives and policies.
- Assist in the handling of Community Affairs correspondence, including the Community Affairs email, volunteer and sponsorship requests, and overall data management.
- Assist in the development of the Community Affairs year–end report including content, graphics and layout, and communication roll-out.
- Interface with the Social Media team and other HSNi business units to support the promotion and execution of Community Affairs plans and initiatives.
- Research best practices, benchmarking and industry trends of Corporate Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility, as assigned.
HSNi Communications Intern Program Objectives:
Familiarity with Communications team: Intern to meet with identified leaders in each area for one-hour interview and provide written summary of strengths and opportunity for improvement in each area based on student’s questions and own areas of experience.
- Consumer Communications
- Corporate Communications
- HSNi Cares
- HSNi Holiday campaign
- Town Hall
- HSNi Cares U.S. Fund for UNICEF campaign
- Monthly Media Blast
- Weekly Press Update
- Consumer Communications
- Media Outreach
- Learn how to build a strategic plan for a product launch
- Develop story ideas and pitches to support various HSN brands and HSNi overall
- Write press release/media alert to support upcoming events
- Media Outreach
§Learn importance/value of product placement for retailers
§Facilitate product requests from agency and media outlets
§Learn how to gather and prep samples for pitching outlet
oSocial Media for PR
§Learn what is relevant for our PR social media Channels
§Understand the HSN PR “Voice” for social media
·Corporate Communications (quarterly, timed to Town Hall meeting)
oLearn about the role of Corporate Communications at HSN
oParticipate in the development and execution of quarterly Town Meeting and Leadership meetings
oDevelop an understanding of the importance of executive positioning, meet with executives as appropriate
oLearn business objectives for corporate philanthropy
oDevelop skills for developing and executing multi-platform campaigns
oAttend HSN Cares cross functional team meetings
oParticipate in HSN Cares local events
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Must be currently enrolled or recent graduate in a Bachelor or Master's Degree program in public affairs/ public administration, communication, business or other related concentration, from an accredited college or university.
- We are looking for someone to be avialable from June - December
- This is a paid internship at $15/hr
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Keen resourcefulness and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the company personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a stellar working knowledge of correct grammar usage
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Exercise high level thinking, excellent judgment and problem solving in the execution of responsibilities
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- The desire and commitment to pursue a career in community relations, corporate social responsibility, or communications
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience is required. Prior experience and knowledge of graphic design a plus
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.