Hardgood/Apparel ReceiverJob ID 0819048 Date posted 10/13/2018
HSN is looking for a customer friendly part-time receiving professional for our Employee Store (12003 28th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33716). A successful receiving professional in our organization would possess strong detail orientation skills in assisting with unloading and stocking new merchandise delivered to our outlet stores. We are in search for individuals with strong organizational skills, as well as, experience with receiving, ticketing and stocking. Qualified candidates should also have flexibility in their availability including weekends.
A Day in the Life
- Receive and unload all merchandise delivered daily by HSN trucks
- Operate material handling equipment in order to unload pallets of merchandise, including a forklift for select associates as well as pallet jacks
- Ticket and stock all merchandise into the back stockroom or onto the sales floor; or in some cases Employee Sale Events
- Assist with training new associates with technical knowledge and receiving techniques in specific areas of the store
- Maintain designated work area for housekeeping and presentation purpose including taking out the trash, sweeping, etc
- Cross train in product knowledge in all areas of the store
- Merchandise sales floor/assists with floor moves according to visual standards, if necessary
- Provide back up support as needed on the sales floor; these responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Ring up sales and returns using POS terminals, handles charges and cash transactions and accompanying detail
- Authorize certain levels of returns/voids
- Greet, sell and assists customers on sales floor
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work flexible hours as business need dictates, including possible nights and weekends
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs repetitively and up to 75 lbs occasionally
- Ability to stand for the majority of the shift and use ladders on occasion
- Select team members may be requested to obtain a forklift license (training and certification is provided)
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Prior stockroom/forklift experience
- Prior retail/cashier experience
- Experience dealing with the public in a service oriented role
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About Qurate Retail Group
Qurate Retail Group comprises eight leading retail brands — QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements — all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations. Qurate Retail Group is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US (according to Internet Retailer). Qurate Retail Group combines the best of retail, media and social to curate products, experiences, conversations and communities for millions of highly discerning shoppers -- bringing joy, inspiration and humanity to shopping. Qurate Retail Group also curates large audiences, across multiple platforms, for thousands of brand vendors. Headquartered in Westchester, PA, Qurate Retail Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) includes the Qurate Retail Group portfolio of brands as well as other minority investments.