Fraud Detection SpecialistJob ID R41216 Date posted 11/05/2019
Identify and prevent fraudulent credit card activity in a card not present, retail environment. Help identify ways to improve on existing fraud detection processes.
Job Description Details
- Work alert queues and reports daily, making outbound calls to verify charges.
- Take incoming calls on fraud issues and questions from other operational departments. Investigate suspicious accounts routed from Customer Service.
- Provide superior customer service to customers through various contacts made during the course of work performed.
- Preliminary investigations assisting the investigators as needed.
- Contact credit card companies and customers to verify charge activity.
- Use multiple platforms to investigate and make decisions on pending orders.
- Assume additional duties as required by the Fraud Manager.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1 year of Customer Service/Clic experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position in banking or business production or call center environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently and without direction.
- Capable of taking initiative and making difficult decisions.
- Capable of prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Analytical skills, requiring the ability to do preliminary investigations.
- Must have a basic understanding of credit card products and operations.
- Professional demeanor in dealing with internal and external customers is essential.
- Position may encounter frequent sitting, close vision and the use of hands and digits for typing which is 80% of the time.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Associates or above degree preferred.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.